Can IU and PU Both be Good at the Same Time?

2 hours ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

I think it’s possible especially if Allen keeps recruiting quite a bit in Florida/the southern states. Brohm seems to have more of a Midwest focus on recruiting. 

1 minute ago, rico said:

I like Brohm.  Did a fabulous job with WKU.  Exciting football.  He won't be at Purdue long.

That's the key question. I like Coach Allen, but I think there is still a big question mark there. I don't think Brohm has that same question mark. I also don't think he sees Purdue as a destination job and isn't long for West Lafayette. 

He'll probably want out even sooner after the train whistle makes him go deaf.

8 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

That's the key question. I like Coach Allen, but I think there is still a big question mark there. I don't think Brohm has that same question mark. I also don't think he sees Purdue as a destination job and isn't long for West Lafayette. 

Brohm = Archie.  The difference being we are a destination in b-ball.  "Blue bloods" in football are keeping an eye on him.  

20 minutes ago, rico said:

Brohm = Archie.  The difference being we are a destination in b-ball.  "Blue bloods" in football are keeping an eye on him.  

Spot on besides the fact that Archie is 39 and will be taking the BIG over for a long time. IU in basketball is like Ohio state in football. Once you get a good coach in a place like that dynasty's are made. No matter how good Brohm is Pursuck nor indiana football will ever be to the standard of Ohio state, penn state, or Michigan but Purdue is in a better spot than Indiana by being placed in the west division. I think Brohm will stay for a while until he gets Purdue winning 9-10 games every year and the big time programs come calling. Still be some fun years for Pursuck. Brohm is better than Allen but at least Allen is here to stay. 

58 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

I don’t think Brohm would leave for a ton of places. I think there are only a small number of places he’d consider leaving for. 

7 minutes ago, rico said:

Brohm will be like Archie.  The big boys come knocking, he will leave.  See what he does next year.......but they are watching him.

Big difference though is that Archie was at a mid major and Brohm is already in a power conference. He has a pretty good set-up in the easier division and can have a chance to win a lot of games at Purdue. 

2 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Big difference though is that Archie was at a mid major and Brohm is already in a power conference. He has a pretty good set-up in the easier division and can have a chance to win a lot of games at Purdue. 

He will be gone.  

1 minute ago, rico said:

Keep your eye on USC, Notre Dame, Florida, and Tennessee.

I could be way off but he seems like a guy who’d probably stick around the Midwest. USC doesn’t seem realistic. I could see him at ND if Kelly flops. My two biggest concerns are ND and UL. 

1 minute ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I could be way off but he seems like a guy who’d probably stick around the Midwest. USC doesn’t seem realistic. I could see him at ND if Kelly flops. My two biggest concerns are ND and UL. 

Don't forget about Michigan.

13 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

It’s possible but far from a certainty. He’s got a pretty sweet setup at Purdue. 

I wouldn't want to be at Indiana or Pursuck trying to recruit with Ohio state, Michigan, Norte dame, michigan state surrounding you. He would be crazy not to leave for a bigger job. Only thing that is "sweet" is the fact that your in the west otherwise you have bigger better programs surrounding you taking talent you could have at a bigger job. 

31 minutes ago, 5 championships said:

I wouldn't want to be at Indiana or Pursuck trying to recruit with Ohio state, Michigan, Norte dame, michigan state surrounding you. He would be crazy not to leave for a bigger job. Only thing that is "sweet" is the fact that your in the west otherwise you have bigger better programs surrounding you taking talent you could have at a bigger job. 

What do you consider a bigger job that might realistically open in the near future?

31 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

What do you consider a bigger job that might realistically open in the near future?

UL, Michigan, Norte Dame, Tennesse. Like I said I don't see him leaving until Purdue is winning 9 and 10 games a year anyway so it's hard to tell what will and won't be open but the point is there are a lot better jobs around. Indiama and Pursuck football will always be facing an up hill battle with bigger traditional powers in state and surrounding state. It's a tough job at both schools. 

Just now, mrflynn03 said:

Louisville is his hometown and alma mater.  Which could influence a decision if the job opens up?  Im sure they would at least try to get him.

I know all that.  Purdue is a better job(IMO).  Brohm will end up at top flight school, football wise.  Purdue is his stepping stone.

I think it’s possible that IU and PU can be sound programs at the same time.   We are recruiting the south heavily anyway.  We can get kids from Florida, Georgia, Tennessee and even Mississippi and Alabama.

Allen has been doing a nice job identifying good talent.  I hope he does a good enough coaching job, including overseeing the offensive game plans to ensure that they are in keeping with his philosophy.  I would hate to see us lose our recruiting momentum.    

Archived