FBI Arrests Coaches in Corruption Scandal

FW_Hoosier

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

I'm glad those cheating SOBs are sweating and I think it's funny that they told school officials to keep ol' Dollar Bill in the dark for now.  Maybe there's hope for the NCAA after all, but they blew a ton of credibility when they let UNC off the hook.

So whatever came of the U of L scandals and Michigan State? Those two programs need to be hit with some severe punishment. I can’t for the life of me understand what’s taking so much time! The FBI has been involved for over two years now and went public 17 months ago. Surely the NCAA doesn’t let that ride... because we hammered ourselves with self imposed sanctions on something that was perfectly legal the very next season. The NCAA infuriates me to no end.

39 minutes ago, Danomatic said:

So whatever came of the U of L scandals and Michigan State? Those two programs need to be hit with some severe punishment. I can’t for the life of me understand what’s taking so much time! The FBI has been involved for over two years now and went public 17 months ago. Surely the NCAA doesn’t let that ride... because we hammered ourselves with self imposed sanctions on something that was perfectly legal the very next season. The NCAA infuriates me to no end.

I think the NCAA is still looking into the McGee/hooker stuff. Unless I missed it, they haven't said anything. 

The Bowen/FBI/Adidas stuff probably won't even have an investigation started until the FBI is completely done. 

I don't think the NCAA is involving itself with MSU. After Penn St they seem a little concerned with overstepping. I expect legal issues (real laws, not the NCAA) to still come out of it. 

1 hour ago, BeerBQ said:

I think the NCAA is still looking into the McGee/hooker stuff. Unless I missed it, they haven't said anything. 

The Bowen/FBI/Adidas stuff probably won't even have an investigation started until the FBI is completely done. 

I don't think the NCAA is involving itself with MSU. After Penn St they seem a little concerned with overstepping. I expect legal issues (real laws, not the NCAA) to still come out of it. 

I think some people need to understand what does or doesn't fall under the NCAA's realm.  And I admit sometimes it hard to differentiate that stuff.  Improper benefits to a player or even a recruit does.  But the NCAA has no control over criminal activity such as sexual offenses.  

On 2/14/2019 at 2:21 PM, Danomatic said:

The FBI told the NCAA to stand down until everything is over. Court dates and deals are just starting. They will hammer all of these schools just watch.

On 2/14/2019 at 3:04 PM, BeerBQ said:

Louisville has already been punished for the hookers.  That's part of what caused the championship banner to come down.

The Bowen situation is the primary unresolved item hanging over the Cards.

41 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

No surprise to any avid college bb fan, here :

Fed court docs allude to corruption involving Nike programs

“It’s a corrupt space as it is and cheating is cheating,” Code is quoted as saying in the transcript. “Whether I give you a dollar, 100,000, or I get your mom and dad jobs, it’s cheating. … So in some form or fashion, Duke, North Carolina, Syracuse, Kentucky and all of the schools are doing something to help get kids. That’s just a part of the space.”

Ya don’t say???

18 hours ago, milehiiu said:

No surprise to any avid college bb fan, here :

Fed court docs allude to corruption involving Nike programs

Mile...I can only HOPE justice is served and these institutions are nailed HARD...do you believe that they will be though? In the end? Anyone else really believe it’ll happen this time? I’m hoping against all hope that since the FBI is involved this time there has to be at least a much better chance.

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Steubenhoosier said:

So, when I hit on the link, Yahoo took the story down. Wetzel posted it 46 minutes ago but not on their page now. If you search for it in their search engine, the story comes up.

Wonder why they would have taken that down so quickly?

Did a separate Google search, and the story does not appear.

https://sports.yahoo.com/sources-arizonas-sean-miller-lsus-will-wade-notified-will-subpoenaed-federal-hoops-corruption-trial-180149786.html

Incomplete link.

48 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

Anyone else want to go in on a billboard? That headline on the closest billboard to Trendon Watford's house. 

Why? Look at UofL....Mack has them in the tournament after what everyone expected to be almost a program killer sanctions etc...kids are lining up to play there.

On 2/16/2019 at 12:01 PM, BADGERVOL said:

Mile...I can only HOPE justice is served and these institutions are nailed HARD...do you believe that they will be though? In the end? Anyone else really believe it’ll happen this time? I’m hoping against all hope that since the FBI is involved this time there has to be at least a much better chance.

You hope the NCAA nails them hard in the end?

😨

If there is not strict oversight of recruiting in college sports, than there will be violations of the rules.  I can't imagine trying to compete in game where playing by the rules puts you at a disadvantage because other programs land players you can't. Add to this academic fraud, or at least much lower academic standards at other institutions, and it is hard to imagine that coaches who play it clean are able to keep their job.  

9 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

They are not playing well right now

They are overachieving...and they have lost several games that they should have won. They will still make the tournament and I believe they have a top 10 recruiting class coming in....certainly in better shape than our program at the moment and they just had a horrible scandal. I'm not saying this to say we should have hired Mack or anything...it's just a fact. Scandals etc don't seem to hurt programs stock when the NCAA does nothing.

I don' t think anything that has happened so far has changed anything, and I don't think these testimonies will either.  I wouldn't be surprised if they plead the 5th.  It might make them look like they're hiding things, but not really any more than it already appears.

We all know that a lot of the top recruits get paid.  I mean, the guy LSU is getting looked at for is the #57 overall recruit.  Sean Miller has been implicated as paying a recruit in the past, and he still has the #1 class next year despite the cloud of these allegations hanging over him.  Move along, nothing to see here.

Archived