FBI Arrests Coaches in Corruption Scandal

FW_Hoosier

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been saying for awhile that Will Wade was going to face some serious trouble.  I am so sick of these nobody coaches leapfroggiong the system and having almost instantaneous success from out of nowhere.  No surprise to find later that they are full-blown cheaters.  I hope Wade and LSU get the book thrown at them and turn  into a giant dumpster fire.  I hope that for any cheating program and yes, that includes Archie's brother.  I am so sick of watching IU struggle and wondering if part of the reason other coaches find success easier is simply by cheating the system.

I remember responding to someone asking if LSU was leading on Watford...my answer was that yes, they were leading in potential sanctions.😂

12 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Have to hear the tapes first. He is going to have his day in court most likely. University can’t just fire him without following due process 

Say what?  He is an employee, don't make it out like it is a criminal case before it is.  

We all know this screams of improprieties, but given the NCAA's history of letting coaches off the hook, allow me to play devil's advocate:

I didn't see anywhere where he said any buzzwords - cash, money, car, house, sponsorship, agent, etc.  We all know what he was talking about, and I'm no lawyer, but isn't it difficult to prove intent?  I gave him a big a$$ offer that will set up him and his mother up nicely, could mean a lot of different things.  An offer that he will start immediately, mom will get tickets to whatever games she wants, he'll get to room with his best friend, etc. It reminds me of when Ostrom was connected with de Sousa and I can't remember exactly what he said in the text, but all of our reactions' were well that could've meant anything.

I hope he gets the book thrown at him, but I think it will take more than those conversations to get the NCAA to do anything.  Again, I only bring this up because seems in the past there's been a lot more damning evidence of improprieties than this that resulted in a slap on the wrist from the NCAA.  Hope I'm wrong!

Just now, Parakeet Jones said:

They won’t. My wife is an LSU alum and all my in laws are from Baton Rouge. They openly don’t care about cheating when it comes to football. I doubt they blink with this. 

We shall see, especially if somehow it spills into the football program.

7 hours ago, HoosierCPA said:

We all know this screams of improprieties, but given the NCAA's history of letting coaches off the hook, allow me to play devil's advocate:

I didn't see anywhere where he said any buzzwords - cash, money, car, house, sponsorship, agent, etc.  We all know what he was talking about, and I'm no lawyer, but isn't it difficult to prove intent?  I gave him a big a$$ offer that will set up him and his mother up nicely, could mean a lot of different things.  An offer that he will start immediately, mom will get tickets to whatever games she wants, he'll get to room with his best friend, etc. It reminds me of when Ostrom was connected with de Sousa and I can't remember exactly what he said in the text, but all of our reactions' were well that could've meant anything.

I hope he gets the book thrown at him, but I think it will take more than those conversations to get the NCAA to do anything.  Again, I only bring this up because seems in the past there's been a lot more damning evidence of improprieties than this that resulted in a slap on the wrist from the NCAA.  Hope I'm wrong!

Dawkins testimony is key. He's been found guilty of fraud and sentenced to 6 months on the first trial. Wade is texting Dawkins, he shouldn't be worried about NCAA implications. Federal charges stick. The Feds have no problem issuing warrants for bank and phone records, they've already got them from Gatto, Dawkins and Code. Simply put, they're following the money. 

Archived