FBI Arrests Coaches in Corruption Scandal

FW_Hoosier

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Here we go. You know this guy is a scumbag but he has it if he is going after Duke.

He won’t stop either.  This is going to blow up IMO.   Avenatti has an ax to grind and no soul or pride what so ever.  He will go down swinging.  

35 minutes ago, IU878176 said:

There are going to be so many prominent schools involved that nothing will happen to anyone. I assume UNC and Miami football taught all the schools two things:

1) do whatever the hell you want

2) deny, deny, deny, deny.

Miami got hammered a few times. Carolina never. 

2 hours ago, IU878176 said:

There are going to be so many prominent schools involved that nothing will happen to anyone. I assume UNC and Miami football taught all the schools two things:

1) do whatever the hell you want

2) deny, deny, deny, deny.

If the NCAA was leading things I’d 100% agree with you, all of my hope is in the fact that the FBI is involved. If it was the NCAA then they’d be hurting themselves so they have no motivation to follow through. If the FBI spends this much time and gives names of schools being investigated and people and stuff like that, and then in the end NOTHING happens...it’s the FBI that will look bad.

Avenatti is a slimeball and a charlatan who has serious credibility issues.  I have zero respect for the idiot.  At the same time, if he really does have something, I hope he sings until the NCAA has no choice but to address this mess.  It's obvious that he at least thinks he has the goods and that's why he was trying to extort Nike (which again hurts his credibility).

Could not have picked a worse messenger...hopefully, that doesn't cause the truth to get lost in the shuffle.

54 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Avenatti is a slimeball and a charlatan who has serious credibility issues.  I have zero respect for the idiot.  At the same time, if he really does have something, I hope he sings until the NCAA has no choice but to address this mess.  It's obvious that he at least thinks he has the goods and that's why he was trying to extort Nike (which again hurts his credibility).

Could not have picked a worse messenger...hopefully, that doesn't cause the truth to get lost in the shuffle.

The fact that he tried to extort Nike is more reason for me to believe he might have legit stuff. 

10 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

I think and hope most people will realize dirty guys turning on other dirty guys is what makes the legal system go round and round. If you want to find the true dirt you have to have someone like Avenatti expose it. Now if Nike goes character assassination in public we'll know what Avenatti is saying has some merit. If you can't argue facts attack the character of the person saying things. 

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I think and hope most people will realize dirty guys turning on other dirty guys is what makes the legal system go round and round. If you want to find the true dirt you have to have someone like Avenatti expose it. Now if Nike goes character assassination in public we'll know what Avenatti is saying has some merit. If you can't argue facts attack the character of the person saying things. 

To assassinate Avenatti's character you'd have to revive it first and then kill it again.

36 minutes ago, BADGERVOL said:

What does this guy have for wrecking the NCAA and these schools and Nike? What’s his motive? Just because he knows it’s going on? To distract from everything bad in his life?

His first motive was money, hence the Nike shakedown.  When Nike turned the hose on him, I believe his motive switched to revenge.  Avanatti's life is more or less ruined at this point and he seems determined to take down the company that squealed on his shakedown ploy.

...and I'll say this, despite him being a terrible messenger, I think he has the goods...at least some of them.  I hope he burns Nike, and Duke, and Carolina, and especially Kensucky...to the ground.

12 hours ago, BADGERVOL said:

What does this guy have for wrecking the NCAA and these schools and Nike? What’s his motive? Just because he knows it’s going on? To distract from everything bad in his life?

A shady guy with a mountain of debt and nothing left to lose.  He may be going down for something, but he's going to light as many fires as he can to make sure he doesn't go down alone.

Archived