FBI Arrests Coaches in Corruption Scandal

FW_Hoosier

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/6/2019 at 9:01 AM, Fiveoutofsix said:

Considering that KU hasnt been touched, nor Arizona, etc with all the evidence has me questioning what is going on.  Let alone UNC, KU, Duke.  Heck, every university.

Hopefully they just want to add a few more fish before they start  the big fry off. 

15 minutes ago, jblaz13 said:

Hopefully they just want to add a few more fish before they start  the big fry off. 

I would assume if they come out and start prosecuting then they better have every single duck in a row because they’re gonna go against HIGH POWERED lawyers from these institutions. Imagine the level Nike, Adidas, Duke, Kansas, Arizona, and heck even the NCAA will all be willing to go to keep themselves out of this. They have to have EVERY I dotted and T crossed.

24 minutes ago, BADGERVOL said:

I would assume if they come out and start prosecuting then they better have every single duck in a row because they’re gonna go against HIGH POWERED lawyers from these institutions. Imagine the level Nike, Adidas, Duke, Kansas, Arizona, and heck even the NCAA will all be willing to go to keep themselves out of this. They have to have EVERY I dotted and T crossed.

Exactly. That very thought was specifically behind my fish in the pan comment in reply shortly ago..Get them all in one swipe..

In the present while the schools and coaches already found in the probes have not had  actions taken and i wonder how much of that is by chance given the relevancy with the entire shoe company official investigation and prosecution to date. 

Here is the other aspect that raises my curiosity....Could NCAA employees also be under investigation? No reason to think this other than the fact the NCAA knows names and no actions have been levied. I just feel like at some point things such as the NCAA failing to severely punish schools like Syracuse, and UNC in proportion to their violations, while allowing a school like IU to self impose short  term oblivion. There are some players in this game who have not faced any music for far worse than calls and stickers. Not really speculation given the names and given the extent of already found parties, there could be a longer pattern to unwind and more names to sort out., etc/. 

I think it is hardly a coincidence certain coaches and schools manage to wiggle out. They seem to be either getting tipped off, or covered up for in certain more obvious cases. How do people not know these things in bidding wars. Thing is . It is usually the losing parties who are upset. If any are already implicated ., they might be even more willing to take rivals down . This could get super , super messy. If coaches of note get hit and start sniping each other too. Maybe I just need to sleep, but I get the feeling you see where I'm going .Just being rational. Avenatti may not be the only one who ends up taking others down with them so the investigation can literally grow huge behind the scenes  Icons in the sport have a lot of pride riding on it. 

The time frames of violating parties are not equal. 

For example Michigan already got drilled and vacated wins, Ff , etc for the booster issue. with the Fab 5. Say this Nike issue also involves a team like the Fab 5 .How would the statute of limitations if any applies here, work? If things going far back are inadvertently uncovered as well. Consider possible coaches who crapped at every stop and made it to totally different schools throughout. Bruce Pearl are you listening . 

On 4/7/2019 at 9:47 PM, FKIM01 said:

His first motive was money, hence the Nike shakedown.  When Nike turned the hose on him, I believe his motive switched to revenge.  Avanatti's life is more or less ruined at this point and he seems determined to take down the company that squealed on his shakedown ploy.

...and I'll say this, despite him being a terrible messenger, I think he has the goods...at least some of them.  I hope he burns Nike, and Duke, and Carolina, and especially Kensucky...to the ground.

I think his strategy right now is working. Once he knew the extortion attempt (if true) didn't work he did the next best thing which is swaying potential jurors. Have to tell you. He might have several issues with his other stuff but I believe him 100% on his Nike stuff. So to answer original question...he's potentially gaining his freedom. 

I doubt he's going to jail on the Nike story.  Nike is more than likely the dirty party there.  However, his embezzlement problems with his law firm and clients may be his real undoing.  The man seems to have some serious greed and expensive habits and taste.  He's well compensated --to the tune of millions-- and still over his head financially.  I don't wish ill will on people but he seems to have been a crook with his clients and/or old law firm.

10 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I think his strategy right now is working. Once he knew the extortion attempt (if true) didn't work he did the next best thing which is swaying potential jurors. Have to tell you. He might have several issues with his other stuff but I believe him 100% on his Nike stuff. So to answer original question...he's potentially gaining his freedom. 

Yeah, but come on...how deep do you have to go to discredit Avenatti?

If I was one of the shoe company attorneys, I'd simply say, "Ladies and gentlemen...there he is!"

3 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

https://apple.news/A2ru5eQgDS268s2hhJMQ1yA

Wade reinstated.

What a joke 

Lol. If the NCAA doesn’t nail this guy, then all bets are off. Archie should just do whatever it takes at that point. The administration also needs to back him and deny any wrong doing if the NCAA comes knocking. Deny deny deny. Caught on tape, screw it, just deny deny deny. 

No the NCAA will NOT hammer IU. IU hammered IU no of the Sampson crap. 

30 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Not gone.  Just changing hats.  Gonna be the "Money Man" for LSU.   They must have noticed his talent.   LOL

LSU Athletics Director transitioning into new role, university says

My wife just told me that. They have been after him since the end of the Les Miles tenure. My in laws have ranted about him for years. 

Archived