FBI Arrests Coaches in Corruption Scandal

FW_Hoosier

3 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Wonder how coach Knight feels about his protege these days...

Just sickening.

Well, coach Knight is lucky in that regard. His memory and recognition may not be what it used to be. But yes it really sickens me every time I see K acts like he's such a gracious, moral figure. 

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Wonder how coach Knight feels about his protege these days...

Just sickening.

With all these testimonies, etc., I'm actually pretty shocked at how involved the actual staffs of the schools are involved. You'd think it would be at a point where the shoe companies and runners are handling all of it and the coaches basically just pass them the list of who they want. I'm surprised at how close the coaches seem to be to actually discussing the payments/benefits. 

Is anything ever going to come out of this? Appreciate the updates and all of the linked articles, but man so annoying that we're likely going to see no repercussions on a pretty fixable problem due to the NCAA. Not saying it's an easy overnight fix, but there are definitely steps forward that could fix it long-term.

4 minutes ago, ArchieBall13 said:

Is anything ever going to come out of this? Appreciate the updates and all of the linked articles, but man so annoying that we're likely going to see no repercussions on a pretty fixable problem due to the NCAA. Not saying it's an easy overnight fix, but there are definitely steps forward that could fix it long-term.

Our judicial system is slower than Tom Brady’s 40 time.

1 hour ago, IUwins0708 said:

This is just the tip of the iceberg.  Some school is going to get beat up badly to make an example out of them.  This won’t go away.

Do you think it will be a situation where the NCAA is so mad at Kentucky that Creighton gets probation?

It looks like a lot of big names are involved, but the head coaches aren’t mentioned. I also haven’t seen anything mention evidence against them. 

22 minutes ago, ArchieBall13 said:

If anything. This should give HC's pause, when it comes to cheating. The FBI has clout that the NCAA never had.  Subpoena power, that the NCAA never had.  The ability to lock people up unlike the NCAA. Just look at the scams perpetrated by the Hollywood people trying to get their kids in schools. A lot of high powered people most likely going to jail.That's what the FBI can do... opposed to the NCAA.  IMHO, the FBI is sending a message that the NCAA could never deliver on. Or since giving Kentucky a death penalty in BB, and SMU a  death penalty in football, is reluctant to do, again. Kentucky, recovered from their death penalty.  SMU never recovered from their DP in terms of what they once were.

Death penalty (NCAA) 

5 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

(irrelevant GIF deleted to conserve bandwidth)

Feel free to post links where people have testified that Crean was involved in paying players or even that he knew someone else paid players on his behalf.  I've yet to see it.

If he's a cheater, why didn't he just give Trey Lyles' dad what he wanted and keep him at IU?

The burden of proof is on you, my friend...I'll even give you a preponderance of the evidence.

Regarding Crean. Only one player during his tenure gave me pause or concern because it came out of nowhere and that's Noah Vonleh. However he did have immediate playing time to sell as well as Cody leaving for millions. 

I'll say this to I'm blue. Crean did a great job with kids when their families had $. Yogi, Zeller, Blackmon Jr.....something I'll always point. Crean was 3-3 when the playing field was level for the state's best. 

4 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Regarding Crean. Only one player during his tenure gave me pause or concern because it came out of nowhere and that's Noah Vonleh. However he did have immediate playing time to sell as well as Cody leaving for millions. 

I'll say this to I'm blue. Crean did a great job with kids when their families had $. Yogi, Zeller, Blackmon Jr.....something I'll always point. Crean was 3-3 when the playing field was level for the state's best. 

I was worried about Williams and Bryant as well

19 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Feel free to post links where people have testified that Crean was involved in paying players or even that he knew someone else paid players on his behalf.  I've yet to see it.

If he's a cheater, why didn't he just give Trey Lyles' dad what he wanted and keep him at IU?

The burden of proof is on you, my friend...I'll even give you a preponderance of the evidence.

Not even worth it.  I’ve had this argument a million times on here... More than enough smoke with A-Hope, Perea, Kenny Johnson, Chuck Martin, Vonleh, and the numerous mentions of Indiana that have come out throughout the course of this FBI investigation.  And now he’s out in Georgia landing the #2 recruit in the nation after his first year. I agree that he clearly didn’t go full Sean Miller and pay the kids himself, which is smart from a self-preservation standpoint.  But it’s plain as day he played the game just like they all do.  Can’t make someone see what they don’t want to.

22 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Not even worth it.  I’ve had this argument a million times on here... More than enough smoke with A-Hope, Perea, Kenny Johnson, Chuck Martin, Vonleh, and the numerous mentions of Indiana that have come out throughout the course of this FBI investigation.  And now he’s out in Georgia landing the #2 recruit in the nation after his first year. I agree that he clearly didn’t go full Sean Miller and pay the kids himself, which is smart from a self-preservation standpoint.  But it’s plain as day he played the game just like they all do.  Can’t make someone see what they don’t want to.

Where have there been multiple mentions of IU?

25 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

$$$$ talks. The #2 recruit to UGA....enough said

6 minutes ago, Hoosier987 said:

$$$$ talks. The #2 recruit to UGA....enough said

Who is a guard from Georgia. Crean has a reputation for developing guards. At UGA, he'll be the focal point. Won't share the spotlight, and it's on to the League after .

Not saying Crean is innocent, not saying he's guilty, but you can build cases either way.

Archived