FBI Arrests Coaches in Corruption Scandal

FW_Hoosier

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, Radio Zero said:

University of Auburn?  Arizona University?

Seriously, I cannot wait until the NCAA drops the hammer on Kansas State.  Or somebody.

I don't think anything is coming of the scandal! IU is the one that got hit hard because WE SELF REPORTED!  Heck you don't have too go to a class and get an a+ have strippers come and see you, pay recruits! Why IU self reported is be yon me! I guess we are IU  We blew up the IU brand over phone calls. Penn ST. had Sandusky and everything Is OK now with Penn ST. doing less then what we did for PHONE CALLS. May be INTEGERTY DOSEN'T MEAN MUCH TODAY BUT IT SEEMS TO MEAN SOMETHING AT IU!!

13 minutes ago, DunkinDipo said:

I'm not able to view this article. What is it saying?

9 minutes ago, Bob said:

I can’t view it

It basically says the NCAA changed its name to NCAB National Collegiate Athletics Bank in preparation of the new likeness rule. Also in the process of purchasing FanDuel. 🤷‍♂️ Who knew

Nothing is going to happen to any of these schools.  Forget our coach for a minute, Indiana has to be a quick and early adopter of the pay to play model the NCAA is about to institute.  If we are serious about winning basketball, we need to put players in touch with the people who will pay them for their likeness.

At this point, the schools that were caught were just early adopters of the NCAA's eventual rule change.  The irony is that Sampson was the same.  We blew up our program over a rule that didn't exist in comparatively minutes after we destroyed our program.  NEVER cooperate with the NCAA.  That is the lesson in all of this.  Indiana needs to change how we approach things at the top of the AD.  Until that changes, our coaches are always going into a fight with one arm tied behind their back.

28 minutes ago, rico said:

I did read it, behind a paywall now.  Basically, Nike admitting to funneling money to recruits.

Yea I was able to read it this morning before they blocked it.  Basically the Nike lawyers did not deny the money going to the handlers/athletes.  There were detailed payments.  But basically said that wasn't what the trial was about.

I'll see if I can find another link

Go Hoosiers!!!

2 minutes ago, Indy1987 said:

Yea I was able to read it this morning before they blocked it.  Basically the Nike lawyers did not deny the money going to the handlers/athletes.  There were detailed payments.  But basically said that wasn't what the trial was about.

I'll see if I can find another link

Go Hoosiers!!!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports.com/Article/Michael-Avenatti-trial-Nike-payments-to-players-Deandre-Ayton-Bol-Bol-Brandon-McCoy-143312966/Amp/

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I'm sure everybody saw that Michael Avenatti was convicted in his extortion scheme with Nike.  What a fraud that guy turned out to be.  How many of the seven deadly sins does he embody?

I saw that on the news. Just forgot to post it. So thanks for posting it. Wonder if CNN will ever say anything about it... seeing as he once was a darling on CNN.

As an attorney, you are not allowed to use a legal threat to gain an advantage in your case.  "You settle the case for $24 million or I go to the FBI and/or the media." 

Now, you can just go straight to the FBI or the media or whatever so long as you don't use it as a threat.  Just do it, or don't, but never threaten it.

If there are any aspiring attorneys out there, always remember this.  It's a big no-no.  Via Avenatti, you can see what happens if you pull that stunt.

[This is not legal advice. Always consult a lawyer in such situations.]

16 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I'm sure everybody saw that Michael Avenatti was convicted in his extortion scheme with Nike.  What a fraud that guy turned out to be.  How many of the seven deadly sins does he embody?

Definitely seems like a guy who could use a life timeout for a year or two. Problem is he actually probably knows so much but no one will listen to him anymore or think he's credible.

On 2/14/2020 at 4:28 PM, BobSaccamanno said:

Such a shame...he likely had the goods on Nike and a bunch of their high-profile schools, but because the idiot is such a crook and a liar, that message has been lost.

Archived