FBI Arrests Coaches in Corruption Scandal

FW_Hoosier

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, dwtaylor1055 said:

I have seen some stuff in regards to Louisville with their 2017 recruiting class.  Anxious to see what comes about from this, this could be the biggest thing since the issue in the 50's.  

Jason Riley on Twitter: "On June 3, the alleged bribe scheme took place and "almost immediately" after, the player agreed to come to the university - (U of L)"

Just skimmed over the criminal complaints, and Louisville is definitely implicated.  Beginning in May 2017, Adidas employees and two agents named in the complaint paid an "All-American" high school recruit $100,000 to go to Louisville and sign with Adidas and the agents once he was out of school. Looks like the recruit was Brian Bowen out of La Lumiere.

120 pages of FBI complaints !  Investigation was begun in 2015.

Avid fans of college basketball, always suspected there was collusion between shoe companies and certain schools/agents (WWW comes to mind)/recruits (Derrick Rose comes to mind).  But we never were able to come up with hard evidence.  Now hard evidence has been picked up by the FBI.  So glad it was the FBI handling the investigation, rather than the NCAA.  The FBI has wire tap evidence, something the NCAA would never be able to do. As we still wait for the NCAA investigation that started long before this FBI investigation to finalize.

One more thing.  This will raise the old question, IMHO.   What did the head coach know, and when did he know it ?

1 minute ago, dbmhoosier said:

Pitino and Pearl are done.

Pitino should have been done already, in my opinion. I'm friends with some UofL fans, but there's no way I'll ever believe he didn't have knowledge of what was going on with the strippers and prostitutes. That being said, I'm sure my friends are already getting their excuses prepared for this scandal too. 

I just hope with this news that the NCAA does something right and put an end to AAU and summer basketball.  This is ruing college basketball for me and it is my sport to follow so something needs to be done now.  They need to be able to regulate summer basketball and take it away form the shoe companies.

Archived