FBI Arrests Coaches in Corruption Scandal

FW_Hoosier

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Nothing concrete yet, like I said IU not out of the woods on this thing.  Nor is Tom Crean.... pressure to win may have got the best of him and Buckley...

You original post said IU was 'about out of the woods'.  Now, it says 'not out of the woods'.  Those mean different things to me.

1 minute ago, milehiiu said:

Coach Crean's lucky day ?  If it comes out that he pushed back on this corruption, all that will do is strengthen his resume.  Kind of like when he took over for Sampson.

Yep.  I recall Crean mentioning his frustration about certain recruiting tactics other teams were using on the recruiting trail.  I have no reason to suspect he stooped to that level, and doubt he did, but if it were to come out that he did I'll be P.O.'d.

We always hope "that could never happen to us" but we really don't know what goes on behind the scenes. 

Interesting to know how players that got little to no cash feel or felt about the players that received large sums of money. Will that play a factor in this investigation?

How will this impact the CURRENT recruiting landscape? Players that were expecting cash this year or next still have decisions to make.

How will the NBA & NBAPA address this issue & it's affect on the league moving forward?

This brings up a ton of questions.

35 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Louisville SHOULD get the death penalty, but the NCAA is so incompetent, it probably will not happen.  But, yeah, Pitino will be gone before the end of the week.

At this point, it's clear that anything less than the death penalty for Louisville would be more than incompetence.  It would be willfully looking the other way because of the money involved.  This scandal might bring down the entire NCAA, and I don't think that's hyperbole.

24 minutes ago, Zuckerkorn said:

I sure hope not (and have no reason to suspect so).  May well just be Dakich trying to stir the pot the way he always does.

DD say that before every home game that Bryant would come out and go hug two older white guys who sat across from the IU bench.  DD said he did not ever see these guys before and wonder their involvement with Bryant.

Archived