FBI Arrests Coaches in Corruption Scandal

FW_Hoosier

1 minute ago, iRepIU said:

I think were good, one thing we can 99.9% know is Crean came in and cleaned up and walked a straight line. One telling story that fits that narrative is that we missed out on a TON of top recruits and Crean not paying up the price to get them tells me we should be in the clear. 

A-Hope, Perea, Vonleh, Bryant, Maker... I can almost guarantee you Crean did not walk an entirely straight line.  But I think (hope) his rule violations weren't egregious enough to implicate IU in this mess.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

So my post about Crean and Buckley was wrong, was getting played.  😡  So far no mention to IU being involved and nobody on the inside is expecting a thing other than a commitment from someone from New Albany. Staff was already confident in getting him, now the other competition just eliminated itself 

Great news!!

7 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

A-Hope, Perea, Vonleh, Bryant, Maker... I can almost guarantee you Crean did not walk an entirely straight line.  But I think (hope) his rule violations weren't egregious enough to implicate IU in this mess.

Idk about all that. Lets just say if he was, he wouldve grabbed a couple more big star names than the ones he got.

Some of you may remember me from the old board(s). My wife is from Henderson, KY. About 2 years ago I was forced to move into the depths of hell, AKA Lexington (actually the city is very nice, but so dang blue!). All of these UK fans are having a field day around here at the thought of what's going to happen to UL.

In a perfect world, just after it's been announced that Pitino has been canned and UL has lost their championship, it will be announced that UK has been implicated in all of this as well, hence dashing all of the fun UK fans are having at UL's expense.

Just now, kottkemckee said:

Some of you may remember me from the old board(s). My wife is from Henderson, KY. About 2 years ago I was forced to move into the depths of hell, AKA Lexington (actually the city is very nice, but so dang blue!). All of these UK fans are having a field day around here at the thought of what's going to happen to UL.

In a perfect world, just after it's been announced that Pitino has been canned and UL has lost their championship, it will be announced that UK has been implicated in all of this as well, hence dashing all of the fun UK fans are having at UL's expense.

long time lurker of rupp rafters and damn its like Christmas day over there. 

1 minute ago, Indykev said:

Just reached out to a couple people in Louisville. One is hearing Pitino will be fired by the end of the day or in the morning. We shall see.

I felt that was evident when the news came out. Sad day for cards hoops regardless.... hopefully this puts Romeo as our #1 target.

Just now, kottkemckee said:

I haven't even been there yet lol. My neighbors are drinking and playing cornhole like it's 4th of July.

go take a gander, thread opened up at 930ish and had 12 pages deep by noon. lots of shine and left handed cigs going off right now in lexington. 

35 minutes ago, slojoe said:

That's a bit unfair.  The FBI has the power to subpoena people and documents, charge people with crimes, etc.  The NCAA does not have any of those powers.

Technically, the FBI has no subpoena power. They are cops. They can request a subpoena from a grand jury, but I've heard nothing about this situation being investigated by a grand jury. They certainly can intimidate people, though.

7 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Will be hard to find a replacement this late and you wouldn't want to hire someone form the staff if this stuff is true.

They would have to hire some Assistant from our sisters of the poor. No D-1 coach will take over that dumpster fire. A former player maybe.

Archived