FBI Arrests Coaches in Corruption Scandal

FW_Hoosier

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Indykev said:

They would have to hire some Assistant from our sisters of the poor. No D-1 coach will take over that dumpster fire. A former player maybe.

Not so sure. A nothing to lose coach that would like the challenge of a complete rebuild in which there would be no pressure for a while.  They might go to ULto get off a hot seat somewhere else

1 hour ago, Hoosier98 said:

There is a lot of speculation about the coaches, administration, and execs of different companies, but I haven't seen anything about what it means for the athletes.  Will players that have been proven to take money be ineligible/kicked out of school or what? I'm sure there are a number of things that could happen, but is there a precedent for this that might be on a smaller scale? 

Just doing some catching up.  So, the answer may be later on in the thread.  However, Hanner Perea was suspended the first 9 games of his college career, when the NCAA accused him of accepting benefits from Mark Adams.

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

We might have an opening in our schedule if UL get's the death penalty

You think the NCAA will move that quick?

I wonder what this means for UNC? I could see it going either way. They are happy to no longer be the  center of attention.... OR the NCAA finally comes down on them to show they are not the joke of an organization everyone is making them out to be.

23 minutes ago, Mac said:

Technically, the FBI has no subpoena power. They are cops. They can request a subpoena from a grand jury, but I've heard nothing about this situation being investigated by a grand jury. They certainly can intimidate people, though.

It has already come out that the FBI video taped, and wiretapped in this investigation. 

13 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Not so sure. A nothing to lose coach that would like the challenge of a complete rebuild in which there would be no pressure for a while.  They might go to ULto get off a hot seat somewhere else

There may be no program to go to next year. Death penalty has to be on the table if things are true.

1 minute ago, Indykev said:

There may be no program to go to next year. Death penalty has to be on the table if things are true.

Agree.  Arranging payment for recruits is pretty near the top of the list of serious offenses.  Commit such an offense while on probation for another recruiting crime and I'm not sure what else would meet the death penalty criteria.  Heck, Sampson didn't commit any major violation - the real crime was doing it after being caught once before and I believe that's why it became serious.

Archived