FBI Arrests Coaches in Corruption Scandal

FW_Hoosier

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Calihoosier said:

Kris Wilkes,Malik Williams and Paul Scruggs three recruits that made me wonder how shady there recruitments really were? This just shows how much AAU basketball is ruining kids these days I see it all the time here in Cali with high school basketball being an after thought in most communities/cities.

Welcome to HSN.03, Cali.  Nice to have you on board !

2 minutes ago, Calihoosier said:

While lurking in the uk forum just saw from one of their posts that the FBI just raided a basketball agency and seized all their equipment hold on to your seats folks it gonna get ugly. Even Bruce Bowen caught on camera leaving UL campus it's doomsday.

It was the office of ASM Sports, Andy Miller is one of the largest NBA agents..   He was also the former boss of Christian Dawkins of the men arrested today.  They took Andy MIller's laptop among other items.

Here is a list to the clients of ASM http://www.asmsports.com/asm-family

I feel that the NBA and their one and done rule is complicit in part of this.  After all the smoke has settled on this scandal, and the NBA fails to get rid of the one and done rule, then top notch talent should spend one year in Europe, before coming back to become part of the NBA.

1 minute ago, bstall76 said:

It was the office of ASM Sports, Andy Miller is one of the largest NBA agents..   He was also the former boss of Christian Dawkins of the men arrested today.  They took Andy MIller's laptop among other items.

Here is a list to the clients of ASM http://www.asmsports.com/asm-family

Thanks for putting the link while searching your link another one time iu target Isaiah whitehead was shown in that list I remember when I watch some seton hall games before there scandal that required several players transferring to different schools including there starting pg sterling Gibbs mention that there was posse/entourage group that followed whitehead everywhere they went on each of their games that just felt weird brought red flags for me. 

13 minutes ago, Calihoosier said:

Thank you I'm just a long time lurker really love how informative you guys are.

And .... the information we provide is free of charge.  With no advertising.  And we will do our best to keep it that way.

Now..... back to our regular programming.   LOL

55 minutes ago, addictedtoIU said:

Yeah, his name was the first thing came to my mind when reading this case. Wasn't there a rumor his price tag was 250K?

The number I remember from the Anthony Davis story was $150K. I also remember the Davis family threatening to sue the newspaper and the newspaper standing it's ground.

I don't recall any lawsuit being waged and if my memory is all correct, you KNOW Anthony's family was paid for him to play.

3 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

The number I remember from the Anthony Davis story was $150K. I also remember the Davis family threatening to sue the newspaper and the newspaper standing it's ground.

I don't recall any lawsuit being waged and if my memory is all correct, you KNOW Anthony's family was paid for him to play.

Like you, the figure I always heard was $150K.  However, there were others suggesting the price tag rose to $200K

Did Kentucky Pay $200,000 For The No. 1 Recruit In America? - SBNation.com

And yes.  Davis's dad threatened to sue Dakich,  as well as others,for spreading the rumor. Back when I was still listening to Dak's show. Dak told Anthony's dad to: "bring it on."

Of course nothing came of the lawsuits.  Probably because the dad was advised he would be required to swear under oath by bringing a law suit. Subjecting him to either perjury, if he lied, or tax evasion, if he told the truth. 

8 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Ok, no way Nike money is not involved with Kentucky!

4 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Shock com'on Rick! You can do better than that.

Rick is a mico-manager. Worse than Crean.  Can't tell me he did not know what was going on. Just like the "party" scandal. 

And in the unlikely event he "knew nothing".... he is guilty of failure to monitor. 

Archived