FBI Arrests Coaches in Corruption Scandal

FW_Hoosier

3 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Rick is a mico-manager. Worse than Crean.  Can't tell me he did not know what was going on. Just like the "party" scandal. 

And in the unlikely event he "knew nothing".... he is guilty of failure to monitor. 

I remember the old black white movie about Vince Lombardi. He caught Paul Horning sneaking out to go meet the ladies. And he said something like for this offense your punishment is ..., if I catch you again it's this ....., and if I catch you a third time I'm going with you because I have to see what lady is worth it!

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, Bowhunter said:

I feel like this will be a snowball affect. People getting busted will start turning others in,  meaning more programs will fall. I'm hoping one of them is UK.

The US Attorney is thinking along these lines. In the press conference he said, essentially: "It's better for you if you call us rather than if we call you."  There's more out there.

4 minutes ago, Mac said:

The US Attorney is thinking along these lines. In the press conference he said, essentially: "It's better for you if you call us rather than if we call you."  There's more out there.

I thought that was a significant part of the presser.  As if he knows this thing has only just begun. 

10 minutes ago, Mac said:

Oh, I have no trouble believing this. Blue Chips may have been a train wreck of a movie, but it wasn't simply fabricated. We've known since *at least* 1994 that there was scandal in college basketball in almost the same exact manner, on the highest levels. 

What is amazing to me is that the NCAA apparently thought they could simply keep on putting band aids on this. Did they really think the house cards could stand forever? 

1 hour ago, Calihoosier said:

While lurking in the uk forum just saw from one of their posts that the FBI just raided a basketball agency and seized all their equipment hold on to your seats folks it gonna get ugly. Even Bruce Bowen caught on camera leaving UL campus it's doomsday.

1 hour ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Oh I think more will be be named, but you don't omit IU if it's implicated. Too big. That's why Louisville, etc. is implicated. And Crean ran as clean a program as one could run. If you believe Crean and staff were involved in this kind of stuff, well, I don't know what to tell you. Do you really believe that?

Crean has not been our coach for the last 6 months.   While the investigation has been going on for 3 years, some of the infractions, most notably Louisville's, have occurred recently.  

Found this in an article on Yahoo Sports:

"Merle Code, another Adidas employee arrested and charged via the FBI probe, is a veteran of the Nike grassroots before going to Adidas.  'He's the key,' said a grassroots source. 'That's what no one is talking about.  He knows where all the bodies were buried at both Nike and Adidas.'"

https://sports.yahoo.com/deep-will-recruiting-scandal-go-may-biggest-college-sports-story-lifetime-220742127.html

3 minutes ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

Found this in an article on Yahoo Sports:

"Merle Code, another Adidas employee arrested and charged via the FBI probe, is a veteran of the Nike grassroots before going to Adidas.  'He's the key,' said a grassroots source. 'That's what no one is talking about.  He knows where all the bodies were buried at both Nike and Adidas.'"

https://sports.yahoo.com/deep-will-recruiting-scandal-go-may-biggest-college-sports-story-lifetime-220742127.html

And we all know what school get's all of Nike's biggest recruits! This is going to get huge!

Archived