FBI Arrests Coaches in Corruption Scandal

FW_Hoosier

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

The definition of pathetic.  He truly has no shame.

The radio hosts and Louisville fans are livid with Pitino's comments.  It's fairly universal that they want him gone.  They are where we were with Sampson.  I'm not comparing teh crimes, because Pitino's are far, far worse.  But, the fan's attitudes are equivalent at this point.

Pitino is a total scumbag.  And screw him for having his lawyer passively aggressively threaten the university.  The only way he could have saved any face in this situation would be if he had resigned stating that he obviously had lost all institutional control over his staff and sends his apologies to UofL for all the issues that his staff has caused the university.

To be clear I think he is a scumbag and totally knew everything was going on in both scandals, he could save no face with me.  I already wanted him out of CBB,  but I think him doing what I said above would have probably made a few of his fans still support him. Now I just hope he ends up in cuffs too.

4 minutes ago, BtownBallers said:

I would totally agree if it was the NCAA investigating.  I'll just wait and see.  I think we are going to have several more days like today over the next year or so.

yeah and the IRS is yet to get involved! After all they are the ones who finally took down Al Capone

2 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

yeah and the IRS is yet to get involved! After all they are the ones who finally took down Al Capone

2 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

The IRS will go after the families that took the money.

Where this leads will be determined by who talks and what evidence the FBI finds regarding federal crimes.  I don't know if they would care one way or another if a coach offered money and the player never accepted (this would be a serious recruiting violation but maybe not a crime).  What would be great is if the FBI and NCAA could combine and root it all out.

My guess is that some dominoes tumble and some of the guilty will be caught while others aren't.

1 minute ago, IUwins0708 said:

Merle Code is the key to this whole investigation.  Currently (as of today😂) worked for Addidas.  Prior to that worked for Nike.  He can make this thing blow the whole landscape of college basketball up more than at has already.

I hope he does...I love college basketball but there is so much cheating going on. I know it will never be pure....never has, but it needs cleaned up

11 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Is Mich.St clean?

One would think that if the "rival athletic apparel company" were named in the course of the investigation, that gives the FBI probable cause to seek warrants regarding that company, which most likely means that the FBI already has information regarding much, much more than we've heard so far.

Archived