FBI Arrests Coaches in Corruption Scandal

FW_Hoosier

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Colonialcrester said:

That's the second crack you have made about the site.  If you are unhappy here and do not trust the information that other provide, why are you here?

ive been  round since HSN 1.0. check my username. long time poster, not some newbie we adopted like boiler :P

The Billy D thread that was drug out, pissed me, along with others off, because we were cat fished by a "reputable" poster and all of it ended up being BS.  Every one should take news ANYWHERE here with a grain of salt, our current president had 2% chance of winning an election from MANY reputable news outlets.

We should all use the wait and see method before jumping and posting nonsense on a forum. 

As a longtime respected admin as yourself, you should know that kind of stuff can spread like wildfire. Im simply advising posters who are new around here to pump the brakes and relax before thinking something is concrete. 

I would think an admin would not tell someone to take a hike and would welcome open debate and helpful advise as this kind of news stories and HOOSIERS NEWS (which is wy most of us are ) are getting hits on this site. 

I respect you CC, you helped build HSN into something that i quite enjoy. Your comment came off rude and snarky and im simply replying. 

enjoy the rest of your night and as always Go Hoosiers!!

3 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

The number I remember from the Anthony Davis story was $150K. I also remember the Davis family threatening to sue the newspaper and the newspaper standing it's ground.

I don't recall any lawsuit being waged and if my memory is all correct, you KNOW Anthony's family was paid for him to play.

do you have that link?

Just now, iRepIU said:

just read it, wow. I follow CBB pretty close and somehow this slipped by me. Ill be damn no doubt Kentucky has been playing dirty like this. 

Yeah, it stunk to high heaven when it happened and as expected, the Davis family never filed suit which tells me they knew the story was true and they would be exposed in court.

Just now, FKIM01 said:

Yeah, it stunk to high heaven when it happened and as expected, the Davis family never filed suit which tells me they knew the story was true and they would be exposed in court.

thats the drift i caught as well, especially when Davis Sr called the Tribune and said "thank you for ruining my son."

wow this is big time

47 minutes ago, newhavenwarford said:

OH My Lord....I just remembered.....I hope the FBI don't find out about our bumper stickers!?!?!?O.o

You are fine.  By definition, you are a booster. However, if you don't make contact with any recruit during a recruiting process, you are ok.  That is why, though I attended many of De'Ron Davis's games, in high school.... I never talked to him. Until after he committed to I.U.  Not that the NCAA would have known. I just did not want to take the chance.  Unlike Yogi's mom who tweeted out a violation.  Which I reported to IU compliance.  And they thanked me for. But, they were already were aware, and had already contacted Yogi's mom to get her to take the tweet down.... and also schooled her (for the second time) what an NCAA violation was. 

21 minutes ago, iRepIU said:

ive been  round since HSN 1.0. check my username. long time poster, not some newbie we adopted like boiler :P

The Billy D thread that was drug out, pissed me, along with others off, because we were cat fished by a "reputable" poster and all of it ended up being BS.  Every one should take news ANYWHERE here with a grain of salt, our current president had 2% chance of winning an election from MANY reputable news outlets.

We should all use the wait and see method before jumping and posting nonsense on a forum. 

As a longtime respected admin as yourself, you should know that kind of stuff can spread like wildfire. Im simply advising posters who are new around here to pump the brakes and relax before thinking something is concrete. 

I would think an admin would not tell someone to take a hike and would welcome open debate and helpful advise as this kind of news stories and HOOSIERS NEWS (which is wy most of us are ) are getting hits on this site. 

I respect you CC, you helped build HSN into something that i quite enjoy. Your comment came off rude and snarky and im simply replying. 

enjoy the rest of your night and as always Go Hoosiers!!

To be fair, the polls were not that off about the election. The problem was the media not knowing how to read a poll. 

3 minutes ago, iRepIU said:

thats the drift i caught as well, especially when Davis Sr called the Tribune and said "thank you for ruining my son."

wow this is big time

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2010-08-06/sports/ct-spt-0806-prep-kentucky-sun-times-20100805_1_story-kentucky-chicago-sun-times

Tribune article about the Sun-Times sticking to their story (although they did remove it under legal pressure).

3 minutes ago, hoosierdaddy1020 said:

I wasn't planning on joining the site....for the third time....but this story is more fascinating than chasing planes from OKC!! This could get huge.

Well. I, for one, am pleased that you changed your mind. And decided to join the crew.   Welcome to HSN.03. 

Just now, KoB2011 said:

To be fair, the polls were not that off about the election. The problem was the media not knowing how to read a poll. 

i was referring to cnn and NYTimes running live poll on election day, their final poll so to speak lol, but nonetheless, dont trust the media unless its concrete lol was my main meaning of that comment. 

Archived