FBI Arrests Coaches in Corruption Scandal

FW_Hoosier

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In all seriousness  I think we all got caught up and missed the true victims. 

I feel that those most hurt in this scandal have been over looked and I would like to take a minute to recognize them and hope that some how justice will prevail. 

To all of those poor UL recruits that had to settle for lap dances and some booty I feel for you.  My heart goes out to those victims while Bowen is getting 100k that is all they got.  I can't believe it has taken me this long to recognize the true victims in this tragedy.

1 minute ago, Billingsley99 said:

In all seriousness  I think we all got caught up and missed the true victims. 

I feel that those most hurt in this scandal have been over looked and I would like to take a minute to recognize them and hope that some how justice will prevail. 

To all of those poor UL recruits that had to settle for lap dances and some booty I feel for you.  My heart goes out to those victims while Bowen is getting 100k that is all they got.  I can't believe it has taken me this long to recognize the true victims in this tragedy.

If them prostitutes are from the Louisville area....then yes the players are the real victim. Have you seen some of the women down there? Good God

My feelings on celebrating this situation are that the integrity of the game may return.

To celebrate a rival going down to this now is akin to a first quarter fieldgoal celebration.  I will celebrate an investigative branch with teeth taking a hard look at the sport and hope its much cleaner when the dust settles and re-settles.

1 hour ago, FKIM01 said:

Oh please..."I'm innocent! I'm innocent!"

Ricky, just like the bot who cried wolf, you've used that line one too many times.

I'd suggest using your leave time constructively to help O.J. find the real killers.:coffee:

He didn't say he was innocent in his statement, he  said "the information disclosed thus far was clearly insufficient to implicate Coach Pitino." Thus far is a pretty big caveat in this case, IMO.  Big difference between I'm innocent and the information released so far doesn't prove that I'm guilty.....yet.:D

5 hours ago, SoInHoosier25 said:

Serious question. Who recruited Troy Williams? Was it Kenny Johnson? It makes me nervous that Williams ended up at the ASM agency that was supposedly raided. IF Kenny Johnson crossed the line at IU and Crean genuinely knew nothing about it, how much trouble can IU get in? 

I've been wondering the same thing.  If something shady went down with the recruitment of Troy or Bryant or whomever, with Crean and all assistants gone, what could the potential penalties be for Indiana?  Vacating seasons?  Post Season bans?  Loss of scholarships?  

From just an observer, I would say that the NCAA can't do much of anything at this point except watch things unfold. Until when and if the FBI shares some of it's knowledge all they can do is react to actual arrests. Everything else is just hear say. It could be years before the NCAA has access to anything concrete.

2 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

From just an observer, I would say that the NCAA can't do much of anything at this point except watch things unfold. Until when and if the FBI shares some of it's knowledge all they can do is react to actual arrests. Everything else is just hear say. It could be years before the NCAA has access to anything concrete.

This may be the only way something happens to UNC. It may take the Feds to hopefully finally take them down.

Seth Davis Retweeted Stadium

Holy smokes. Before coming to Bama Baker worked in NCAA's enforcement division. Smh.

Seth Davis added,

DKxInjiUEAA7ouC.jpg
StadiumVerified account @WatchStadium
DEVELOPING: @AlabamaMBB conducted an internal review following FBI probe. Associate AD Kobie Baker has resigned.
7:49 PM - 27 Sep 2017

Archived