FBI Arrests Coaches in Corruption Scandal

FW_Hoosier

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Hoosrnight said:

Yea, this state would explode if the Bama football team has issues. It is kind of funny that both major basketball teams are in trouble!

Living in Georgia I have  Auburn and Alabama fans as friends all of them could care less about what is going on right now, but attack their football teams and the gloves come off!

24 minutes ago, bstall76 said:

Seth Davis Retweeted Stadium

Holy smokes. Before coming to Bama Baker worked in NCAA's enforcement division. Smh.

Seth Davis added,

DKxInjiUEAA7ouC.jpg
StadiumVerified account @WatchStadium
DEVELOPING: @AlabamaMBB conducted an internal review following FBI probe. Associate AD Kobie Baker has resigned.
7:49 PM - 27 Sep 2017

I can see right now Alabama taking the UNC defense. "You can't punish us! This isn't a sports infraction, taking bribes is a legal problem!"" You have no authority to punish us for taking bribes!!!"

17 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Living in Georgia I have  Auburn and Alabama fans as friends all of them could care less about what is going on right now, but attack their football teams and the gloves come off!

I'm in Huntsville, Alabama, and after 20 years hear, I really don't even like college football anymore! They are way worse about football here than we are basketball back home in Indiana!

5 minutes ago, Hoosrnight said:

I'm in Huntsville, Alabama, and after 20 years hear, I really don't even like college football anymore! They are way worse about football here than we are basketball back home in Indiana!

I lived in Prattville and Dothan for a time, and I can say they don't want to look at their football side. They fired this BB coach for using money the football team needed. ha.

So 'bama does an investigation as a result of the FBI announcements. And finds no wrong doing. Yet.... accepts the resignation of one of their members ?  Strange.  Very strange.  It seems as if the entire college basketball world is sitting on pins and needles.  Look for those that are still out there, actively recruiting, to know who is in the clear.

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

First off, let me say that I don't believe Crean cheats.   I think his inability to get Top 20 recruits reflects that.  

In fact, I'll go so far as to say that I think Adidas played a hand in moving Kenny Johnson to Louisville because Kenny couldn't do what they wanted him to do at IU because of Crean.  That barrier obviously did not exist at Louisville.

That said, Crean to UL can't work for a number of reasons.  First and foremost is that whether he was allowed to cheat at IU or not, the fact is that Kenny Johnson worked for him and there is a relationship there that Crean can't make go away.

Look at it this way.  Would we have been okay with IU hiring someone that was affiliated with Sampson even though that person had never been accused of wrongdoing?  IU could not afford to have made such a hire.  It would have been a PR nightmare.  UL is in the same boat here.  

Actually, Bennie Seltzer was with Sampson at Washington State and Oklahoma before coming to IU with Crean.

4 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

So 'bama does and investigation as a result of the FBI announcements. And finds no wrong doing. Yet.... accepts the resignation of one of their members ?  Strange.  Very strange.  It seems as if the entire college basketball world is sitting on pins and needles.  Look for those that are still out there, actively recruiting, to know who is in the clear.

I keep thinking of Henry Hill and the Boston College point shaving deal. "What, this is against the law? Since when?"

There are a lot of guys out there tonight asking their lawyers "Am I in trouble here?"

2 hours ago, IUwins0708 said:

As said before, Thank Tom Crean.  I'm not the biggest fan of his but I know he ran a clean program.

Makes me feel kinda bad for being so critical of him at times. I always said I thought he seemed like he genuinely cared about people and was a good person. Could have been the perfect leader of the basketball program if his in game coaching would have been better :(

Just now, 68Hoosier said:

What a day!  I would think that if the FBI had more info they would have already brought it out.  I think is just a matter of people ratting on each other to save their own back side.  

They have 10 people plus they are trying to get info out of. They have more.

Archived