FBI Arrests Coaches in Corruption Scandal

FW_Hoosier

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Kansas is a player, but Indiana is the leader.  Was before all of this.  Let the dust settle and some others may eliminate themselves 

Everything I have heard here was that it was down to IU and UL.  Now that UL is out?  We shall see but I would have think this really puts us in the drivers seat.

1 hour ago, ErniePyle said:

Congratulations Hoosier Nation 3.0!

More than 25,000 page views and 850 replies on this thread within 36 hours!

Love your user name. I have visited Ernie Pyle's grave site in Hawaii.  Over looking Pearl Harbor.  An awe inspiring experience for this Hoosier.

Ernie Pyle (1900 - 1945) - Find A Grave Memorial

Oh and thanks for those stats.  Not bad for a small start up IU fan site.   Free, by the way. And we intend to keep it that way.  No subscriptions. No membership fees. No advertisements. No hands out for donations. Nor are we selling stuff to make a profit off of either.  Just IU friends and fans coming together to talk. 

15 minutes ago, Indykev said:

It's a shame, that the FBI was the agent for getting this done. While the governing agent.... the NCAA, sat on the side lines, doing nothing... yet knowing all that has been going of for decades.  Time for the FBI to check into "Wheels for Heels".  Long before the academic UNC scandal.

5 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

It's a shame, that the FBI was the agent for getting this done. While the governing agent.... the NCAA, sat on the side lines, doing nothing... yet knowing all that has been going of for decades.  Time for the FBI to check into "Wheels for Heels".  Long before the academic UNC scandal.

I've seen a few media people say that the NCAA didn't have the resources the FBI has, but I feel that's still not an excuse for how the NCAA has treated certain programs but turn away from others. Just crazy and sad!

30 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Can you imagine the money Nike is throwing around at RJ Barrett. I'm guessing Michigan wasnt playing ball. The file burning at the University of Oregon today will be big enough that satellites will pick it up from space.

That't the thing. Once the first few schools are caught, all of the other schools will be destroying any and all evidence.  Probably choppers being rented all over the place to fly out over  ocean on missions to dump computers.

The only saving grace is that this is the FBI, which already knows about all the ways people try to destroy evidence.

8 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

So, what fan base of a major program can take the greatest comfort in making the statement "I'm sure glad Coach 'X' is our head coach"?

Probably MSU with Izzo?  

Anyone else you can think of that would feel should definitely come out unscathed in this mess?

Not sure. If Izzo is out of the woods yet. Bowen's mom got more money from Adidas because of a bid from a Nike school. Bowen only visited Mich.St and Texas, both nike schools.

4 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Not sure. If Izzo is out of the woods yet. Bowen's mom got more money because of a bid from a Nike school. Bowen only visited Mich.St and Texas, both nike schools.

I vote Texas in that scenario.  Smart may already be feeling pressure based on how UT is chewing up and spitting out foootball coaches.

1 hour ago, Indykev said:

Down goes Nike and Sean Miller. Also read the comments. fans want Millers head. No way $150.000 or more goes to a recruit without the head coach knowing something, sorry, just not buying it.

That..... is really, really bad.  And helps to explain the meteoric rise in recruiting at Arizona, since Sean Miller's arrival. With the caveat of "Allegedly".  However... if true, I do agree there is no way this went down, without the Head Coach knowing in some way about it.  As I have said previously.... any coach worth his salt should know about this, or if he does not know about it... isn't worth his salt. 

7 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

That..... is really, really bad.  And helps to explain the meteoric rise in recruiting at Arizona, since Sean Miller's arrival. With the caveat of "Allegedly".  However... if true, I do agree there is no way this went down, without the Head Coach knowing in some way about it.  As I have said previously.... any coach worth his salt should know about this, or if he does not know about it... isn't worth his salt. 

With Little, Williams, the recruits, and the reports states a player already on the team, thats 3. Thats just Arizona. Can you imagine what Kentucky's payroll is, my god, a couple million a year maybe. 33 5 star players the last few years.

21 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

So, what fan base of a major program can take the greatest comfort in making the statement "I'm sure glad Coach 'X' is our head coach"?

Probably MSU with Izzo?  

Anyone else you can think of that would feel should definitely come out unscathed in this mess?

It would surprise me if MSU were caught up in this scandal but there have been several hints of shady things going on with them during Izzo's tenure. 

Slick Rick and his lawyers firing back at UL. Amazing in terms of a coach who so recently spoke so highly of the school who made him the highest paid coach in college basketball :

Rick Pitino lashes out at Louisville and it looks like he isn't going to go down quietly - CBSSports.com

And with so much going on at UL, we may have overlooked what is going on at Auburn.  Auburn.... who just released a statement that they would be willing to offer a refund to any ticket holder for the upcoming season.  "Refund ?, Refund ?"  LOL.

Recruiting scandal means uncertain times ahead for Auburn and Bruce Pearl - CBSSports.com

Archived