FBI Arrests Coaches in Corruption Scandal

FW_Hoosier

6 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Beave.  Really great to see you again !

You as well.  I will be sporadic on here.  Kids are super busy and it is about time to chase the elusive whitetail.  They are a lot harder to chase than the tail I was after in college.  Maybe that is because I am more selective now.  :ph34r:

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, beaver56 said:

You as well.  I will be sporadic on here.  Kids are super busy and it is about time to chase the elusive whitetail.  They are a lot harder to chase than the tail I was after in college.  Maybe that is because I am more selective now.  :ph34r:

I wondered how you chose your user name...56, huh?

3 minutes ago, jefftheref said:

No matter what happens with this I just want Kentucky to get caught. We all know they are doing it.

Of course they are. Anthony Davis was probably Exhibit A, but I'd be shocked if over half of their "student athletes" weren't showered with Nike cash.

2 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

Is cream to UL official. I just got a random text from a UL supported that it's a done deal

I haven't heard anything, but if it is true, then you'd have to think that is a good sign for IU.....meaning there's no way UL would hire anybody close to being implicated in all of this. 

I'm also amused at the level of certainty (wishful thinking) on GBI that IU will be implicated in this mess, while at the same time, thinking there is no chance there was any impropriety in the recruitment of Caleb "don't even bother if you're not a Nike school" Swanigan.

I'll add that while there's always a chance there is a problem we don't yet know about, I don't expect either school to be ensnared in this sweep. Always a chance, but at this point I'm not seeing it.  I just find it amusing that they seem to think IU is definitely dirty while turning a blind eye to their own recruiting questions.

It's also comical to see them quote and embrace Dakich when it suits their agenda while calling him an idiot when it doesn't.

6 minutes ago, Reacher said:

What I want to know is who swings the biggest d-ck at Nike ? :snack:

And isn't that an insult to Bill Self?

Why do you think they call him "Little Bill"?

4 hours ago, BoomBaby said:

With Louisville in full damage-control mode, what current players will an interim coach (overseen by the school administration) feel confident in playing?  Will they know for sure who isn't dirty?  I wonder if someone like Malik Williams will ever see the court.

Dan Dakich is bitter towards every coach in the NCAA because he isn't one. He has gotten all of his updates and news from Forde and Osterman. His takes are about as coherent as Ed Ogeron talking about physics with a mouth full of crawfish gumbo. I'm sick of him sitting on the IU fence. One day he's falling all over himself because he just loves Butler so much. The next week he's calling for Crean to be canned. The day after Crean is fired, he's talking about how IU made a huge mistake. This guy hasn't had a consistent thought in his whole life. Don;t even get me started on how elitist he is with his callers. "Did you play college basketball? Then you know nothing?" With that logic, most coaches shouldn't be coaching. I loathe Dan Dakich and I warn all of you to take his and Doyel's remarks regarding anything IU with the smallest grain of salt on Earth. 

19 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

I'm also amused at the level of certainty (wishful thinking) on GBI that IU will be implicated in this mess, while at the same time, thinking there is no chance there was any impropriety in the recruitment of Caleb "don't even bother if you're not a Nike school" Swanigan.

I'll add that while there's always a chance there is a problem we don't yet know about, I don't expect either school to be ensnared in this sweep. Always a chance, but at this point I'm not seeing it.  I just find it amusing that they seem to think IU is definitely dirty while turning a blind eye to their own recruiting questions.

It's also comical to see them quote and embrace Dakich when it suits their agenda while calling him an idiot when it doesn't.

Due to the timing and period being investigated I'm cautiously optimistic that we will be safe. 

I also think this investigation will greatly deter coaches who make it through unscathed to be more careful. 

However, I have a hypothetical: assuming the investigation never came to fruition (in an alternate future), how close do you think Archie would get to that ethical line as our coach? Are you confident in saying he wouldn't touch it? I only bring this up because he has always stated that Sean has been a mentor to him. He even served as an assistant and recruited for Sean. He's stated Calipari has been a mentor. He hired Schilling and Flint who both worked under Calipari. I recognize that it's not fair to assume guilt by association, but as this investigation unfolds, these unethical recruiting practices appear to be the norm for big time programs. Everybody seems to have a dirty connection!

I want to and will give Archie the benefit of the doubt, but I can't lie: these connections leave a bit of a bad taste in my mouth. I really hope Archie was prepared to and expected to walk the straight and narrow. 

2 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

107 guests on this forum. I'm sure there are a few outsiders simply curious about what's being heard, but for you bashful IU fans, what's keeping you from signing up to arguably the best, and certainly fastest growing, IU fan forum?

"...long time lurker...first time caller..."

Much appreciated, FK

2 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

Due to the timing and period being investigated I'm cautiously optimistic that we will be safe. 

I also think this investigation will greatly deter coaches who make it through unscathed to be more careful. 

However, I have a hypothetical: assuming the investigation never came to fruition (in an alternate future), how close do you think Archie would get to that ethical line as our coach? Are you confident in saying he wouldn't touch it? I only bring this up because he has always stated that Sean has been a mentor to him. He even served as an assistant and recruited for Sean. He's stated Calipari has been a mentor. He hired Schilling and Flint who both worked under Calipari. I recognize that it's not fair to assume guilt by association, but as this investigation unfolds, these unethical recruiting practices appear to be the norm for big time programs. Everybody seems to have a dirty connection!

I want to and will give Archie the benefit of the doubt, but I can't lie: these connections leave a bit of a bad taste in my mouth. I really hope Archie was prepared to and expected to walk the straight and narrow. 

It's impossible to answer that.

4 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

Crean wasnt playing the game...see Trey Lyles. And shoe companies have no budget for 3 star recruits

Just now, Indykev said:

Crean wasnt playing the game...see Trey Lyles. And shoe companies have no budget for 3 star recruits

There were actually a number of recruits that IU/Crean somewhat suddenly backed off of, or ended the recruitment, and a number of times Crean/staff alluded to things in the recruitment. I know there are many who were very unhappy with Crean as IU's coach, but there's just no reason to doubt he was doing everything to run a clean program, and that's frankly why we missed out on or didn't further pursue a number of high level prospects.

Archived