FBI Arrests Coaches in Corruption Scandal

FW_Hoosier

So I think someone else mentioned it regarding the bombshell, but I doubt any reporter has an inside scoop on an FBI investigation.  Thinking about it, if a reporter did hear something from an agent about a "bombshell" dropping soon, it could be a tactic from the FBI to encourage people to call into their tip line and turn themselves in.  

Like if I was an assistant who was dirty at a major Nike university knowing they just got all their records subpoenaed and I started hearing about a bombshell about to drop... Maybe I would call real quick to try and reduce my sentence/cut a deal. 

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I re-watched the 30 for 30 episode titled Sole Man last night. Sonny Vaccaro basically started this entire mess back in the 80's and made it worse in the 90's. What's crazy is the way he talks about it and how he doesn't think there is anything wrong with it. I listened to him talk on  a show yesterday and he still seems to think there is nothing dirty about it nor does he seen to take any responsibility for any of it. In my eyes he was the first big player in exploiting kids. It's funny that there is an entire 30 for 30 episode about this very issue, but somehow coaches, university presidents, and the NCAA are shocked. Such BS. 

40 minutes ago, rico said:

You know I read that article and yes, I will laugh at Lville...If Indiana is next to get caught then Yes I will laugh at Indiana. If Indiana(as a whole) is stupid enough to get caught up in this crap then thats on them and I will make fun of IU just as I have been with Lville. I like to consider myself IU's biggest fan and with knowledge about IU back to the 1900-1901 season and I have every historical stat possible about IU(took me 10+ years to obtain 117 years worth of stats) But I'm no homer...I like to be called a realistic.

16 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

If Teflon John escapes this one I give up. 

I work in Louisville among a lot of UK fans and have been listening to all the radio call-in shows.  80% of UK fans still think UK is definitely clean and Cal does not have to cheat.  Their claim is that they know another team is cheating when UK does not get a 5 star that they target.  

How they can be that ignorant, especially when the rest of the country knows that Anthony Davis was paid, is beyond me. 

5 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I work in Louisville among a lot of UK fans and have been listening to all the radio call-in shows.  80% of UK fans still think UK is definitely clean and Cal does not have to cheat.  Their claim is that they know another team is cheating when UK does not get a 5 star that they target.  

How they can be that ignorant, especially when the rest of the country knows that Anthony Davis was paid, is beyond me. 

We should meet up for a game .  I live and work in southern Indiana and listen to the same BS.  I will say this more Louisville fans are agreeing with the firing than ones that aren't.  Either this or the ones that don't just aren't talking, which is ok too.

2 minutes ago, 68Hoosier said:

We should meet up for a game .  I live and work in southern Indiana and listen to the same BS.  I will say this more Louisville fans are agreeing with the firing than ones that aren't.  Either this or the ones that don't just aren't talking, which is ok too.

I think 95% of UL fans are fed up and glad to see Pitino go. 

Just now, Parakeet Jones said:

Coming home and reading through multiple pages of this thread is how I unwind after being locked away in a jury room all day.  

If enough teams get hammered with players being ineligible and coaches getting fired, we might end up a 3 seed by the time March rolls around.  😎

3 seed sounds good to me unless Incarnate Word is a 2.

32 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

It's not what you know it's what you can prove.  Cal and WWW are very good at what they do.  I'd be stunned if they ever get caught. 

21 minutes ago, JerseyHoosier said:

I can't remember if it was posted in this thread and it's too gigantic to search, but it's curious that an informant in this whole situation has ties to former UNC football players.

Article

Thanks for the link. Yeah, it would be naive to think this scandal is restricted to college basketball alone. 

Archived