FBI Arrests Coaches in Corruption Scandal

FW_Hoosier

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The bad thing about this is, now that there is blood in the water,  my thirst for more is not allowing me to be patient.  It's perfectly logical that, if Nike EYBL was just raided a couple of days ago, it's going to take quite a while to sift through all of the data and come up with charges.  Me?  I want to see that headline with John Calipari's name on it, and I want to see it now.

BREAKING NEWS FROM THE NCAA!!!!  It has completed its investigation into the ongoing FBI investigation and ALL D1 programs that have ties to Russell Athletic will be recieving the Death Penalty effective immediatly.   In a statement released by the head of the NCAA, Elmer Fud, "Cwimes wike this cannot go unpunished. We must do evwething we can to pweserve the ammatuwe status of our playews."  The head of the ethics department for the NCAA, Daffy Duck, was quoted as saying this whole thing was "dissssspicable".

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

The bad thing about this is, now that there is blood in the water,  my thirst for more is not allowing me to be patient.  It's perfectly logical that, if Nike EYBL was just raided a couple of days ago, it's going to take quite a while to sift through all of the data and come up with charges.  Me?  I want to see that headline with John Calipari's name on it, and I want to see it now.

Lol. This could last for years. Guarantee they have all kinds of stuff they are holding. Like the Louisville stuff they through out there with no arrests, to see what would happen and who would come running. The info only from the first day of the hotline will take them months to go through. Now you have the coaches arrested singing like song birds. All the Nike grass roots and the agents computers to go through. But hey we have the Bruce Pearl Presser today to entertain us.

6 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Lol. This could last for years. Guarantee they have all kinds of stuff they are holding. Like the Louisville stuff they through out there with no arrests, to see what would happen and who would come running. The info only from the first day of the hotline will take them months to go through. Now you have the coaches arrested singing like song birds. All the Nike grass roots and the agents computers to go through. But hey we have the Bruce Pearl Presser today to entertain us.

I'm not sure what to think of what happened at Auburn. It looks like it really might be one rogue assistants who did this on his own and kept all the money for himself. Pearls presser will be interesting to watch. 

2 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I'm not sure what to think of what happened at Auburn. It looks like it really might be one rogue assistants who did this on his own and kept all the money for himself. Pearls presser will be interesting to watch. 

Time will tell my friend. Lets see if Chuck has anything to say. Getting 10 years instead of 80, will get you talking if you have anything. :D

On 9/27/2017 at 12:21 AM, Shooter said:

Yeah, I don't think it's all top recruits either, but I do think a significant percentage of top recruits are getting something. In a lot of cases it's probably more complex than just wiring cash to the family like apparently happened with UL and Bowen. It's probably more "come here and get plugged in with this guy, and this business, etc". Maybe the shoe company promises a bonus when they sign their first deal as a pro. I'm just speculating, but there are lots of ways to do it.

I remember a quote from Tom Izzo years ago that 70% of the top 20 were recruited 'dirty' that particular year.  I do not remember the year, or if it was exactly the top 20, but I remember the 70% for sure.  That is pretty spot on for the 2 to 1 ratio

14 minutes ago, Indykev said:

I sort of wonder if they filed this case now just to show everybody that they were willing and able to bring criminal charges on this stuff. It's been so pervasive that a lot of guys probably didn't think it could be criminal behavior.

3 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Funny how this thing is turning in terms of Pearl.  Pearl, while an assistant at Iowa, tape recorded improper benefits being given to Illinois players.  Cars and such.  Illinois fans have vilified Pearl ever since. The NCAA let Illinois off the hook.   Even though I used to read on Illini boards,  posters who were students at the time, claiming they saw multiple Iliinois players driving new Chevy Blazers on campus all the time.  Kind of like the "Wheels for Heels" program that was going on at UNC at the time. 

Of course we all know about Pearl and Tennessee.  And today..... it will be very interesting to see what Pearl has to say.  Will he turn on others, as he did when he was at Iowa ?

And why would he be giving a press conference anyway ?  After all that has gone on with him in the past.

Can't wait for the press conference.

A big Laurel and Hardy thank you to all those posters bringing the latest news to this thread. I don't have the ability to search through all the media sources, but really appreciate those that are able and willing to share with the rest of us. Your efforts are greatly valued by many!! This is the ONLY board I read anymore.

GO HSN 3.0!

31 minutes ago, Mac said:

I sort of wonder if they filed this case now just to show everybody that they were willing and able to bring criminal charges on this stuff. It's been so pervasive that a lot of guys probably didn't think it could be criminal behavior.

The timing was basketball season started yesterday. Bowen is now out at Louisville, suspended. They started raiding places to. You cant keep that out of the news.

6 minutes ago, INDenizen said:

A big Laurel and Hardy thank you to all those posters bringing the latest news to this thread. I don't have the ability to search through all the media sources, but really appreciate those that are able and willing to share with the rest of us. Your efforts are greatly valued by many!! This is the ONLY board I read anymore.

GO HSN 3.0!

Hearing that HSN.03 is your only board, makes me want to dance, like Laurel and Hardy. LOL

Laurel and Hardy dance to Billy Jean - YouTube

Archived