FBI Arrests Coaches in Corruption Scandal

FW_Hoosier

1 hour ago, Bushmage said:

There was an excerpt from the complaint that suggested Adidas was in a bidding war with another company over a kid, and you did some reading between the lines (as everyone else did) and presumed the competition with Adidas was Nike. It doesn't seem like it could be anything else.

Anyone from a Nike school who opens their mouth like Boeheim is an idiot for feeling safe, but my worst fear is that they actually do end up being just fine. It has been a real dry period of news since the initial indictments.

I believe the part about adidas upping their bid was about Brian Bowen. The other schools in his top 3 were MSU and Texas which are Nike. 

Maybe I'm crazy, but I'm still not relaxing. The article posted about a Dayton assistant having a relationship with that tailor and the Kenny Johnson connection don't make me optimistic. 

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, iuthruandthru said:

Bowen cleared of any wrong doing by FBI.  Funny it’s the same thing Pitino is claiming as he has plausible deniability as his dad is taking all the blame.  No way this kid didn’t know.

Agree. That's such baloney to pretend the son had no idea his father was pimping him for a fat payday.  You know he got a cut of the cash to go to Louisville.

12 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

Agree. That's such baloney to pretend the son had no idea his father was pimping him for a fat payday.  You know he got a cut of the cash to go to Louisville.

Exactly. If he was truly in the dark, then he wasn't allowed to pick what school he wanted to go to or when, and then was forced to go to UL by his dad a few days after they entered the fray. Less than 1% chance of that being true.

Here is a famous mile prediction......  Don't know when, exactly.  But... sometime in the future.  Maybe months or years from now.  What we avid BB fans know as corruption will eventually be exposed..... much the way that Weinstein was exposed in the last month in Hollywood.  Everyone knew about it. In many cases.... for years.  Only takes a few brave soles to come forward.  I predict, the underbelly of college recruiting ...... one day .... will also, be exposed. 

On 11/3/2017 at 4:30 PM, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Moderately related at best.  He was likely out after the year regardless.  The softball scandal at Auburn was much worse than the basketball which at this point appears to be one rogue assistant.  

39 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Moderately related at best.  He was likely out after the year regardless.  The softball scandal at Auburn was much worse than the basketball which at this point appears to be one rogue assistant.  

There’s no way you’re naive enough to think it was “one rogue assistant,” right?

5 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

There’s no way you’re naive enough to think it was “one rogue assistant,” right?

In that case, it really seems that way.  It's not a naivete thing, but Person apparently kept the money for himself. He was given money by an agent to get the agent access to a  couple players, I don't recall anything about recruiting or shoe companies with Auburn.  Am I wrong about that?  Why would Pearl know or be on board with an assistant taking money for himself?

Are you just assuming there is more going on unrelated to the FBI thing?  Or did you not know the details of that?  Or do you somehow think it seems more reasonable that Auburn is encouraging their assistant coaches to make side money in a way that doesn't help the program?

1 hour ago, KoB2011 said:

Wasn't there something with baseball as well?

3 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

So you believe Pitino, too? Pearl is already stained. Of course he knew. 

You're refusing to look at the case, that's cool.

First of all, comparing Pitino and Pearl is extremely silly. What Pearl got in trouble for was as lame as phone calls, nothing like paying a player. Pitino has a history of being a scum bag. 

Secondly, what about what Chuck Person did makes sense that the head coach would know? It's makes incredibly more sense that the head coach (not sure how he got dragged in since your original point was about the AD) would not know. What Person was doing was selfish and would only serve to hurt Auburn, not help. You get that right? 

Your premise is that Chuck Person did something that couldn't help Auburn, only hurt them, and that the head coach and AD knew about it and where a part of it. I'm really struggling to see how that makes sense. Can you explain?

4 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

Not that I recall.  A former baseball coach tried to sue them after being fired but it was dismissed I believe.  The softball scandal was atrocious though.  

I reached out to an Auburn fan on another board to ask for intel.  He told me that said baseball coach was dirty and he got fired.  And yes, it was dismissed.

Archived