FBI Arrests Coaches in Corruption Scandal

FW_Hoosier

1 minute ago, KoB2011 said:

Thanks for the info my man! 

No problem my friend, but basically this means there have been "issues" with baseball, softball, and now men's basketball under the current AD.  And on a side note......Auburn has a new president.  Forgot to mention that.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, rico said:

No problem my friend, but basically this means there have been "issues" with baseball, softball, and now men's basketball under the current AD.  And on a side note......Auburn has a new president.  Forgot to mention that.

Auburn football has been under fire numerous times under Jacobs, too.  They always have managed to get off, but still have had investigations and tons of off field issues. 

3 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Auburn football has been under fire numerous times under Jacobs, too.  They always have managed to get off, but still have had investigations and tons of off field issues. 

My Auburn "guy" says that the football coach is on thin ice as well.  He doubts he will be there next year.  

Just now, rico said:

My Auburn "guy" says that the football coach is on thin ice as well.  He doubts he will be there next year.  

That's a performance issue.  The only year Gus has beaten Bama or Georgia was the year he went to the NC Game.  That was when they beat them back to back on wild finishes.  If he loses both of those he is probably gone, if he wins one he is safe.  If he wins both he may find himself in the CFP. 

14 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

That's a performance issue.  The only year Gus has beaten Bama or Georgia was the year he went to the NC Game.  That was when they beat them back to back on wild finishes.  If he loses both of those he is probably gone, if he wins one he is safe.  If he wins both he may find himself in the CFP. 

I agree on that.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/josh-pastner-georgia-tech-accused-of-underplaying-violations-by-jilted-friend/

And Georgia Tech gets caught up in the scandal, albeit not by the FBI.  A 50 year old former convict palling around with 19 year old kids, then ratting out the coach because the coach hurt his feelings by not calling him on his birthday.  It’s almost funny how pathetic these scumbags are.

51 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Hah. But I thought it was just “one rogue assistant.”

:coffee:

We still don't know that it isn't. There are sources wrong out of Auburn every single time there is an issue down there. 

Even if the sources here are correct, it doesn't prove guilt. The only facts we know, still indicate Person acted alone. The facts say Person personally profitted and that nothing that happened benefited Auburn's program. To assume others knew would still get you laughed out of a courtroom. 

I'm being sincere when I ask, do you even know why Person was arrested? Because it seems like you haven't read anything about it. 

3 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

We still don't know that it isn't. There are sources wrong out of Auburn every single time there is an issue down there. 

Even if the sources here are correct, it doesn't prove guilt. The only facts we know, still indicate Person acted alone. The facts say Person personally profitted and that nothing that happened benefited Auburn's program. To assume others knew would still get you laughed out of a courtroom. 

I'm being sincere when I ask, do you even know why Person was arrested? Because it seems like you haven't read anything about it. 

Yeah, I’m sure Pearl is refusing to cooperate because he’s innocent. 

12 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Yeah, I’m sure Pearl is refusing to cooperate because he’s innocent. 

If he is even actually refusing. One unnamed source from a guy with a history of being incorrect with regards to unnamed sources at Auburn isn't compelling. 

However, Auburn beat writers claiming the FBI and DOJ told the athletic department not to discuss the case does seem credible. And yes, Auburn beat writers, you know guys who cover Auburn athletics to ensure their family can eat, were told that the FBI and DOJ told them not to talk. 

If all you've got to prove yourself right is that Bruce Pearl is cooperating with the FBI against Auburn's wishes I don't think you have anything of substance. 

One more time, do you know what Person was arrested for?

Even if you assume that the FBI, DOJ and Pearl's lawyers have no problem with him talking, which is a MASSIVE assumption, there are still reasons for him not to talk that don't mean he is guilty. 

The most obvious perhaps is that he could be willing to get fired so his son doesn't go to jail.

Or we can just assume he is guilty because he got in trouble once for having a recruit over for a barbecue. Because that's really similar to committing a federal crime that is completely unrelated to recruiting. 

8 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

If he is even actually refusing. One unnamed source from a guy with a history of being incorrect with regards to unnamed sources at Auburn isn't compelling. 

However, Auburn beat writers claiming the FBI and DOJ told the athletic department not to discuss the case does seem credible. And yes, Auburn beat writers, you know guys who cover Auburn athletics to ensure their family can eat, were told that the FBI and DOJ told them not to talk. 

If all you've got to prove yourself right is that Bruce Pearl is cooperating with the FBI against Auburn's wishes I don't think you have anything of substance. 

One more time, do you know what Person was arrested for?

Yes, I’ve read the same articles you have. Are you related to Bruce? Only thing that would make sense about this cape job from you. 

4 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Even if you assume that the FBI, DOJ and Pearl's lawyers have no problem with him talking, which is a MASSIVE assumption, there are still reasons for him not to talk that don't mean he is guilty. 

The most obvious perhaps is that he could be willing to get fired so his son doesn't go to jail.

Or we can just assume he is guilty because he got in trouble once for having a recruit over for a barbecue. Because that's really similar to committing a federal crime that is completely unrelated to recruiting. 

Occams Razor. 

Just now, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Yes, I’ve read the same articles you have. Are you related to Bruce? Only thing that would make sense about this cape job from you. 

Nope, just a guy who tries to form my opinion with facts and logic. Still haven't seen much factually or logically that ties Bruce to this. 

21 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Yes, the answer with the least amount of conjecture is the most likely. 

Correct. Assuming a man broke a law in a way that actually would have harmed him requires a lot of conjecture. 

Assuming a man isn't talking to a third party because his attorney, the FBI and the DOJ advised him not to doesn't require much conjecture. 

If I claim to own a car, it doesn't require much proof because many people own a car. If I claim taking about an active FBI investigation was hushed by the FBI it doesn't require much proof because that is the status quo when the FBI investigates things. We even have evidence that's happened at other schools by the lack of taking there and by two sources within the Auburn AD claiming it happened. 

If I claim I own a spaceship, that requires a great deal of proof before you'll believe me because that's not an ordinary claim. Similarly, claiming a man with no such track record broke federal laws in a way that wouldn't have even benefited him requires a great deal of proof. Not talking to a third party that has no legal authority when you've been advised not to talk isn't proof. 

Any of our attorneys care to chime in on what they'd advise Bruce Pearl to do if he was their client and the FBI had said not to talk?

Just now, KoB2011 said:

Correct. Assumimg a man broke a law in a way that actually would have harmed him requires a lot of conjecture. 

Assuming a man isn't talking to a third party because his attorney, the FBI and the DOJ advised him not to doesn't require much conjecture. 

If I claim to own a car, it doesn't require much proof because many people own a car. If I claim taking about an active FBI investigation was hushed by the FBI it doesn't require much proof because that is the status quo when the FBI investigates things. We even have evidence that's happened at other schools by the lack of taking there and by two sources within the Auburn AD claiming it happened. 

If I claim I own a spaceship, that requires a great deal of proof before you'll believe me because that's not an ordinary claim. Similarly, claiming a man with no such track record broke federal laws in a way that wouldn't have even benefited him requires a great deal of proof. Not talking to a third party that has no legal authority when you've been advised not to talk isn't proof. 

So here’s where you’re at. The FBI has told the NCAA not to mess with their investigation. Auburn, a member of the NCAA, is threatening Coach Pearl with his job if he doesn’t talk to them. And the reason he won’t talk to them is the FBI told him not to. The same FBI that told Auburn not to mess with their investigation. 

Makes total sense! So much more sense than a coach who has already been slapped with a show cause, and has Auburn recruiting above its means, and who used his assistant as a fall guy, being guilty. 

Archived