FBI Arrests Coaches in Corruption Scandal

FW_Hoosier

14 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Last time I checked getting over $40,000 a year is not nothing.  Like I said many times my daughter has a full ride to IU and with that and FASFA and other scholarships see actually gets a huge check each semester to help her pay for everything.  She has enough to pay for her apartment and car and the rest of her living expenses for the year.  There is no reason an athlete can't do the same thing since they get full rides as well plus all of their food is paid for.  Nobody is making anyone go to college so if they don't like the environment go somewhere else to try to get to the NBA.

I'm talking about basketball Scott, stop comparing it to regular students, it isn't the same.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, SIHoosier26 said:

I'm talking about basketball Scott, stop comparing it to regular students, it isn't the same.

Why is it any different because we just talking about money and how they should be able to survive in college on what they get because you can live really well on what they get a semester.

3 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Why is it any different because we just talking about money and how they should be able to survive in college on what they get because you can live really well on what they get a semester.

Why?  I'll beat the dead horse with you again scott.  Because if you are talented enough to leave college and start your career, you wouldn't need college.   If you want to stay for the experience, it's your personal preference and decision.   If your family lives in poverty and can get paid as a professional,  you take care of them, at least I would.  Whether you would or not is up to you.   

• 1 month later...
50 minutes ago, rico said:

I don't enjoy feeling this way, but I think when the smoke clears, Archie's brother is out of a job with a show cause.  I've never bought the profession of innocence with Book Richardson, Deandre Ayton, etc.  Just too much smoke there and it's too hard to believe that a smart coach like Sean Miller was blissfully unaware of all of it.  If audio finally surfaces where Miller was discussing paying Ayton, expect Arizona to cut ties quickly.  Miller has little choice but to deny deny deny and hope the FBI doesn't have him on audio.

Sad, and I don't expect a good ending here. 

45 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

I don't enjoy feeling this way, but I think when the smoke clears, Archie's brother is out of a job with a show cause.  I've never bought the profession of innocence with Book Richardson, Deandre Ayton, etc.  Just too much smoke there and it's too hard to believe that a smart coach like Sean Miller was blissfully unaware of all of it.  If audio finally surfaces where Miller was discussing paying Ayton, expect Arizona to cut ties quickly.  Miller has little choice but to deny deny deny and hope the FBI doesn't have him on audio.

Sad, and I don't expect a good ending here. 

I am with you on everything you said.  I hope we are both wrong.....but something tells me we are both right.

5 minutes ago, dgambill said:

And how is Sousa found ineligible yet Kansas and Self not guilty?? I don’t get it.

I do believe KU asked for de Sousa to be re-instated.  The NCAA delivered their verdict.  Now will Kansas be penalized?  That remains to be seen.

1 minute ago, Indykev said:

They havent gotten to the schools yet.

To me that’s a tragedy that the kids suffer while the adults get off Scott free. The kid has limited time to play and yet these coaches have their whole life. Suspend the coaches and adults and let the kids play until they know. It’s @ss backwards. All I know is it’s KU...nothing will happen. Didn’t  Missouri get hammered over academic fraud but UNC nothing...$$$.

15 minutes ago, dgambill said:

And how is Sousa found ineligible yet Kansas and Self not guilty?? I don’t get it.

There's a lot of smoke there too.  Just seems that SO FAR, we've heard more evidence related to AZ.  Personally, I think Kansas is every nit as crooked as Arizona, but I don't recall hearing quite as much evidence related to Kansas, but that could change.  Billy Preston was almost certainly paid, but Kansas wisely did not play him when the smoke started to get thick.

4 minutes ago, dgambill said:

To me that’s a tragedy that the kids suffer while the adults get off Scott free. The kid has limited time to play and yet these coaches have their whole life. Suspend the coaches and adults and let the kids play until they know. It’s @ss backwards. All I know is it’s KU...nothing will happen. Didn’t  Missouri get hammered over academic fraud but UNC nothing...$$$.

Case is still in court with the money guy for KU. They had to rule on the kid. A sign of things to come for Kansas i think.

7 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Case is still in court with the money guy for KU. They had to rule on the kid. A sign of things to come for Kansas i think.

Yep, they had to rule on the kid.  I bet Jayhawk nation is abuzz right now...just like Tuscon.

1 minute ago, Indykev said:

Self deserves to get hammered, the Self-righteous b@5t@rd. I don't see a clean coach among the big 5...Calipari had 2 final fours vacated, Izzo covered for sexual predators, Coach K had a player buying 6-figure jewelry, Roy presided over academic fraud and Self has had paid players at Kansas.  The stench of corruption hangs over all of them as far as I am concerned.  Hopefully, Archie is watching all of this and plays it straight.  I don't ever want to feel the level of contempt and disgust I feel for most of the "top" coaches.

Then you have Sean Miller, Doug McDermott, Will Wade, Scott Drew, Bruce Pearl and who knows who else trying to climb the ladder taking shortcuts...just sickening.  I hope some day, the NCAA gets the balls to clean house.

1 minute ago, FKIM01 said:

Self deserves to get hammered, the Self-righteous b@5t@rd. I don't see a clean coach among the big 5...Calipari had 2 final fours vacated, Izzo covered for sexual predators, Coach K had a player buying 6-figure jewelry, Roy presided over academic fraud and Self has had paid players at Kansas.  The stench of corruption hangs over all of them as far as I am concerned.  Hopefully, Archie is watching all of this and plays it straight.  I don't ever want to feel the level of contempt and disgust I feel for most of the "top" coaches.

Then you have Sean Miller, Doug McDermott, Will Wade, Scott Drew, Bruce Pearl and who knows who else trying to climb the ladder taking shortcuts...just sickening.  I hope some day, the NCAA gets the balls to clean house.

I have a feeling the Ncaa will hammer everyone to make a point. Like see we are dealing with it. If i were one of these schools i would get ready.

6 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Be patient grasshopper!!!!!!!!!!

9 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

Coach K is the NCAA and ESPN's poster boy. Nothing will ever happen to him. 

Archived