FBI Arrests Coaches in Corruption Scandal

FW_Hoosier

34 minutes ago, Reacher said:

http://www.businessinsider.com/college-basketball-bribery-scandal-arrests-2017-9

With IU being an Addidas school and an asst at Arizona being named (Miller connection), could IU get swept into this?

My personal opinion, is no.  For the following reasons.  FBI investigation began in 2015.  And on his way out the door, Crean alluded to what was going on with certain recruits, and why he failed to get them.  Saying he refused to get involved in what was going on with those recruits.  Crean went on to say he could say more, but wouldn't at the time, as he wanted to get back into coaching.  Some people at the time felt it was sour grapes on Crean's part.  Today... it looks like he knew what he was talking about.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not trying to stir anything up here... but we recently had a poster claim that there were some certain strings attached that they did not like in the Romeo recruitment.  I hope this is in no way connected. Or maybe he had an offer from UL and was looking for a match at another Adidas school?  I just hope that in no way are we connected to any of this and from what I have seen Romeo and his family seem on the up and up.

1 minute ago, Billingsley99 said:

Not trying to stir anything up here... but we recently had a poster claim that there were some certain strings attached that they did not like in the Romeo recruitment.  I hope this is in no way connected. Or maybe he had an offer from UL and was looking for a match at another Adidas school?  I just hope that in no way are we connected to any of this and from what I have seen Romeo and his family seem on the up and up.

I could be wrong on this, however, wasn't that poster 07/08 ?   And yes.... those strings could have been attached to Louisville and not IU.

1 minute ago, Billingsley99 said:

Brian Bowen (Louisville freshman) is one U of L recruit that is believed to be involved.  The other recruit rumored to be tied to Louisville is a 2019 recruit.  Romeo is 2018.  So, at this point, there does not seem to be anything specific to be concerned about.

Seeing as how Louisville is currently under probation, the Bowen allegation could spell disaster for Louisville.  And as we saw with the previous problem, the NCAA does not care if the head coach knew what was going on under him.... they still hold the head coach responsible..

NCAA puts Louisville men’s basketball on probation | Lexington Herald Leader

Kind of answers some recruiting misses we have over the years.  Sometimes we were puzzled at why we did not get a certain recruit when it looked like we were in the lead for the recruit.  Also except of UL and UA the other schools need to learn to cheat better because it has not really help.  I just saw the list includes South Carolina so maybe it did help them last year.

Archived