FBI Arrests Coaches in Corruption Scandal

FW_Hoosier

I'm assuming Fred Glass will have a discussion with Archie about this stuff.  Every AD in the country should be talking to their coach about it.

That said, do you think Fred should have a frank conversation with Archie about Sean's involvement?  Can you even have that discussion without it coming across as guilt by association.  At the same time, Fred has to be concerned about it.  He's not doing his job if he's not taking full measures to make sure we're not impacted in any way.

This truly is a mess.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I'm assuming Fred Glass will have a discussion with Archie about this stuff.  Every AD in the country should be talking to their coach about it.

That said, do you think Fred should have a frank conversation with Archie about Sean's involvement?  Can you even have that discussion without it coming across as guilt by association.  At the same time, Fred has to be concerned about it.  He's not doing his job if he's not taking full measures to make sure we're not impacted in any way.

This truly is a mess.

If this didnt take place Tuesday Glass should be fired.

2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

This truly is a mess.

And..... this thing is not going away soon.  FBI delving into the innards of college BB corruption, we have been talking about for years and years. Unlike the NCAA, the FBI continues to turn up evidence.  And those arrested are flipping, and giving even more evidence to explore.  Just as the Carpenters once sang, the FBI is singing :  "We've only just begun".

Should this touch IU.... so be it. It's hitting close to home in terms of Sean Miller. But again... so be it.  As long as the end result cleans up what has been wrong with college basketball going back to the days of how John Wooden claimed he "knew nothing" about how so many "stars" wound up in his program. 

Somewhere and hopefully someone is just starting a master list so when this whole thing shakes out we can see the following. Player name, school, other schools who were his finalists, lead recruiter, and of course shoe company. 

On a side note. I know they won't violate the coaches code but if enough coaches get fired (like Crean) for doing things right....I wish they would all come out and say I lost recruit A, B, and C to this school because of X, Y, and Z. I think Crean wanted to after he was fired but he stopped short on a couple of interviews I heard.

Just now, Seeking6 said:

Somewhere and hopefully someone is just starting a master list so when this whole thing shakes out we can see the following. Player name, school, other schools who were his finalists, lead recruiter, and of course shoe company. 

On a side note. I know they won't violate the coaches code but if enough coaches get fired (like Crean) for doing things right....I wish they would all come out and say I lost recruit A, B, and C to this school because of X, Y, and Z. I think Crean wanted to after he was fired but he stopped short on a couple of interviews I heard.

Good point. Makes you wonder if clean coaches will voluntarily contact the FBI or be interviewed by the FBI. 

4 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

The FBI set up a hot line for that and for coaches to come clean.

3 minutes ago, Reacher said:

Good point. Makes you wonder if clean coaches will voluntarily contact the FBI or be interviewed by the FBI. 

It's a tough balance. Maybe this will shift the tide a bit but if a coach wants to coach again they will probably not say a thing because ultimately they will have to work with the shoe companies still.

58 minutes ago, Indykev said:

With Little, Williams, the recruits, and the reports states a player already on the team, thats 3. Thats just Arizona. Can you imagine what Kentucky's payroll is, my god, a couple million a year maybe. 33 5 star players the last few years.

This is why I'd be freaking out today if I was UK.  Clearly they're the biggest beneficiary of EYBL talent.  If this kind of money is being thrown around it is only logical that the schools landing the most 5 star talent are paying the highest sums.  Maybe karma does exist- it should be interesting.

17 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Didn't he once say he wouldn't let certain coaches valet his car because they were so didty? I wish he'd tell us who he was talking about. 

52 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

And..... this thing is not going away soon.  FBI delving into the innards of college BB corruption, we have been talking about for years and years. Unlike the NCAA, the FBI continues to turn up evidence.  And those arrested are flipping, and giving even more evidence to explore.  Just as the Carpenters once sang, the FBI is singing :  "We've only just begun".

Should this touch IU.... so be it. It's hitting close to home in terms of Sean Miller. But again... so be it.  As long as the end result cleans up what has been wrong with college basketball going back to the days of how John Wooden claimed he "knew nothing" about how so many "stars" wound up in his program. 

Agreed.  So be it.  We can take it like men (and women) if there is any IU linkage.  We have all opted to invest (money, time, and/or interest) in college basketball.  In the big picture, it will be a big win if we end up with a cleaner game. 

5 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Didn't he once say he wouldn't let certain coaches valet his car because they were so didty? I wish he'd tell us who he was talking about. 

They are just touching the surface of this thing. They haven't even scratched it yet. There is going to be some more info coming its going to blow our minds.

7 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Agreed.  So be it.  We can take it like men (and women) if there is any IU linkage.  We have all opted to invest (money, time, and/or interest) in college basketball.  In the big picture, it will be a big win if we end up with a cleaner game. 

Thank you Abe.... err I mean Bob.  Or what ever your name is.  LOL

Actually, I was kind of partial to The Sausage King of Chicago.

Ferris Bueller's Day Off #3 Movie CLIP - The Sausage King of Chicago (1986) HD - YouTube

6 minutes ago, BoomBaby said:

With Louisville in full damage-control mode, what current players will an interim coach (overseen by the school administration) feel confident in playing?  Will they know for sure who isn't dirty?  I wonder if someone like Malik Williams will ever see the court.

You know if there is one there are more.

11 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Pat Forde saying he talked to a coach who thinks a 100 coaches will be caught up in this before its over. I don't think my popcorn bag is big enough.

Dakich said yesterday he thought there were at least 100 coaches with assistants that were "recruiters", the coaches with iffy connections

30 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

I don't remember that exact quote, but he alluded to dirty coaches on several occasions over the years. That is probably one of the reasons he wasn't very popular with other college coaches and even with AAU coaches/handlers. I doubt he will name names as long as he still has any interest in coaching again. 

2 minutes ago, Hoosrnight said:

Dakich said yesterday he thought there were at least 100 coaches with assistants that were "recruiters", the coaches with iffy connections

If the FBI can find the large paper trail look out. The good thing is College Basketball season opens tomorrow.

Archived