FBI Arrests Coaches in Corruption Scandal

FW_Hoosier

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

I don't personally have any, just several sports writers I follow are saying a bombshell bigger than Louisville will explode sometime soon.  Are the telling the truth?  Not sure, but I find it interesting.

Soon like today or in weeks to come.  I can't wait that long.  I need to get work done

2 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

I don't personally have any, just several sports writers I follow are saying a bombshell bigger than Louisville will explode sometime soon.  Are the telling the truth?  Not sure, but I find it interesting.

Man, this is nuts. Not that we all didn't know about the dirty dealings, just that it's all coming crashing down at once. Even if some don't get caught, the fear of the FBI wiretapping you or the possibility of talking to an informant should be enough (for a while) to clean some of this mess up. 

3 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

Man, this is nuts. Not that we all didn't know about the dirty dealings, just that it's all coming crashing down at once. Even if some don't get caught, the fear of the FBI wiretapping you or the possibility of talking to an informant should be enough (for a while) to clean some of this mess up. 

Yeah I think the AGs statement of "It would be better if you call us rather than we call you" have a lot of them nervous.....

I'm not trying to go all "Dakich" here, but I wouldn't be surprised to find out that Alford was dirty dealing. His seat was aflame. The Arizona scene is very, very smoky. So Miller is definitely in trouble. And Kentucky has to burn. Even if CJC didn't actually count the cash, you know at least ONE dude got paid under his watch.  

4 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

Even if CJC didn't actually count the cash, you know at least ONE dude got paid under his watch.  

I can think of a couple early on with Anthony Davis (well documented) and a rumor that DeMarcus Cousins' unemployed mother suddenly had a new Cadillac.  Doubtless there are many more. I'd bet on John Wall for one.  I'd say the bulk of their banner team was paid.

2 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

If slick rick was not smart enough to get caught red handed I have no reason to think Calipari would be any wiser.  I think they both felt they are  untouchable 

As much as Slick Rick and Calipari dislike each other, it may be just a matter of time before someone in the Louisville camp starts leakingon Cal if the feds appear to struggle to find the goods on him.

Methinks it was very much premature for UK fans to celebrate Louisville's demise yesterday.  They surely aren't deluded enough to think there's no funny business with any of their prized recruits?  Then again, we are talking UK fans...

4 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

As much as Slick Rick and Calipari dislike each other, it may be just a matter of time before someone in the Louisville camp starts leakingon Cal if the feds appear to struggle to find the goods on him.

Methinks it was very much premature for UK fans to celebrate Louisville's demise yesterday.  They surely aren't deluded enough to think there's no funny business with any of their prized recruits?  Then again, we are talking UK fans...

The Kentucky fans on Reddit are split on being nervous or thinking they are 100% in the clear.  The ones thinking they are in the clear believe that the draw to play for Kentucky and their ability to get kids in the NBA is enough to not need to be paid.  That group with what some say and argue just make you scratch your head.

also I was just thinking! what if IU is now in the final two with certain teams  for certain players and the other teams had an edge because their offer included money. I'm guessing they will now withdrawal that offer of money and lists will def be changing or kids will be going to places they were originally predicted to go to. With Vanderbilt getting 4 5 stars to come in like never before you almost hope they were a school offering money and no longer can!

1 minute ago, BtownBallers said:

Yea, I think if a kid got an offer from someone and there was money attached they are pretty much not gonna go there anymore.  I wouldn't want to be there when everything came crashing down on that program and even if you didn't take money, people would always wonder if you actually did.

Plus all the wire taps that are going on now known. A good friend said something to me earlier. The FBI came out now looking for info, just think how many got caught in wire taps the first 30 mins after the FBI presser. Rats in a hurry to jump ship.

5 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Plus all the wire taps that are going on now known. A good friend said something to me earlier. The FBI came out now looking for info, just think how many got caught in wire taps the first 30 mins after the FBI presser. Rats in a hurry to jump ship.

Any body dumb enough to start making incriminating phone calls from known and easily traceable phones deserves to have the book thrown at them extra hard! I do wonder if there has been a spike in burner phone sales though. :D

21 minutes ago, BtownBallers said:

The Kentucky fans on Reddit are split on being nervous or thinking they are 100% in the clear.  The ones thinking they are in the clear believe that the draw to play for Kentucky and their ability to get kids in the NBA is enough to not need to be paid.  That group with what some say and argue just make you scratch your head.

I've seen this attitude from Duke fans, as well. "We aren't cheaters, because we can get whoever we want without having to." ¬¬

Archived