FBI Arrests Coaches in Corruption Scandal

FW_Hoosier

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, Reacher said:

What are the odds Pitino gets arrested?

The FBI was well aware of him but did not arrest him with the first group. He obviously didn't turn himself in to the tip line.

If he does get arrested, seeing his connections with Addidas ($2M+/yr income, the biggest d-ck there, etc), does he turn on them or keep his mouth shut (he is Italian) like Myron Piggie and retire in jail? 

If the FBI does send agents to arrest Pitino, I see Slick Rick doing one of the following to negotiate  a more lenient punishment. 

• If the agents are male, Rick will offer to call Katina Powell  to keep them company while they are in town.
  • Of the agents are female, Rick will offer to take them to Porcini's for dinner.

:coffee:

27 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Still seems an odd use of their time, but that's never stopped politicians before I guess.

I understand what you mean, but we are looking at a system that deals with huge amounts of taxpayer dollars and has an impact on huge amounts of money spent by people, in one way or another, who have been led to believe that they were dealing with amateur athletics. Naively, but still fraudulently.

At the beginning of this week, I would never have thought that this was a federal criminal matter. Boy, was I wrong.

This is going to be immense.

1 minute ago, Mac said:

I understand what you mean, but we are looking at a system that deals with huge amounts of taxpayer dollars and has an impact on huge amounts of money spent by people, in one way or another, who have been led to believe that they were dealing with amateur athletics. Naively, but still fraudulently.

At the beginning of this week, I would never have thought that this was a federal criminal matter. Boy, was I wrong.

This is going to be immense.

Right now, I can't think of a bigger story in college basketball and I go back over 50 years.  It just struck me odd when the politicians got involved, but then again, I remember politicians getting pretty stirred up over a spot on a blue dress...:coffee:

1 minute ago, FKIM01 said:

Right now, I can't think of a bigger story in college basketball and I go back over 50 years.  It just struck me odd when the politicians got involved, but then again, I remember politicians getting pretty stirred up over a spot on a blue dress...:coffee:

I can't think of a bigger story, either. And I go back even further.

Thinking out loud here.  Hearing all these Head Coaches, Athletic Directors, and University Presidents saying they are shocked by what has happened at their schools, almost makes me want to vomit.   How can every day fans, like us have known this has been going on for years now..... and they had no clue ?

Thinking out loud some more:   Wonder what Jeff Meyer has been thinking the past couple of days.  You remember.  The Jeff Meyer, Crean went off on, saying "You helped ruin a program".   Many of us were taken aback at the time.  But perhaps Crean knew more than he was letting onto. 

I don't know.  Just thinking out loud.

2 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Thinking out loud here.  Hearing all these Head Coaches, Athletic Directors, and University Presidents saying they are shocked by what has happened at their schools, almost makes me want to vomit.   How can every day fans, like us have known this has been going on for years now..... and they had no clue ?

Thinking out loud some more:   Wonder what Jeff Meyer has been thinking the past couple of days.  You remember.  The Jeff Meyer, Crean went off on, saying "You helped ruin a program".   Many of us were taken aback at the time.  But perhaps Crean knew more than he was letting onto. 

I don't know.  Just thinking out loud.

Its just like Archie saying he is shocked.....um your brothers assistant just got in trouble and your shocked?

2 minutes ago, newhavenwarford said:

Its just like Archie saying he is shocked.....um your brothers assistant just got in trouble and your shocked?

Well. That too.  If any coach has been around.... even if he is clean.... HAS TO KNOW.... what has been going on for years.  Again, if fans like us knew.... how could these guys not know ?

21 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Well. That too.  If any coach has been around.... even if he is clean.... HAS TO KNOW.... what has been going on for years.  Again, if fans like us knew.... how could these guys not know ?

Maybe he forgot. I doubt they were recruiting  players that wanted paid at Dayton. :)

Archived