FBI Arrests Coaches in Corruption Scandal

FW_Hoosier

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, rico said:

Ole Roy is in the C'ya mode.  C'ya=cover your arsz.

While reading the article, I kept asking myself,  who am I gonna believe ?  Piggie or Roy ?  And the answer kept coming up the same.  In this instance, I would believe Piggie. Kind of reminded me of when Roy was on Mike and Mike, and claimed he did not know what a paper class was, and had to be told what it was. 

6 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

While reading the article, I kept asking myself,  who am I gonna believe ?  Piggie or Roy ?  And the answer kept coming up the same.  In this instance, I would believe Piggie. Kind of reminded me of when Roy was on Mike and Mike, and claimed he did not know what a paper class was, and had to be told what it was. 

I felt Roy was dirty at Kansas........nothing has changed my opinion.

4 minutes ago, BeerBQ said:

This makes me a little nervous. 

I'm as nervous as I would be at Purdue, which is not very.  We can't know for sure that none of our players were paid, just like Purdue can't know for certain that Caleb Swanigan or his family was not compensated for him to go to a Nike school, but I don't believe for a minute that either our former head coach or our current one have been involved or in the know about such activity.  Could a staff member been involved? Sure, but as I have said before, the tone comes from the top and Kenny Johnson could very likely have behaved quite differently working for Tom Crean than he did working for Slick Rick.

11 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

I'm always curious...when the statements are at least (mostly) true, are the folks mentioned really defamed?  I understand if she lied or embellished the story, but it appears that the book was at least mostly truthful. Louisville sure didn't deny there were strippers in the players' dorm.

Not nervous at all for us. Crean was as clean as you can get in today's world at a high major school. Actually Kenny leaving for Louisville was all about the $ for him and not just personal income. These guys all want a crack at a big job down the road and my gut tells me that Kenny knew he couldn't play the game he wanted to play at IU in order to get known as a big time recruiter.

Unfortunately for Kenny....he'll now have this attached to his name the same way Meyers, Senderhoff, McCallum,etc....will have the rest of their life. Johnson was key for RJ, Vonleh, Troy, and obviously James Blackmon Jr....Vonleh came for instant playing time and a chance to go to the league after we lost Cody. Blackmon's family has big $...and you don't pay for guys like RJ, Troy, and Stan (sorry).

Sorry to ramble. I just see any reason for IU fans to be concerned. Of course the unknown is always going to be out there but I feel good.

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Not nervous at all for us. Crean was as clean as you can get in today's world at a high major school. Actually Kenny leaving for Louisville was all about the $ for him and not just personal income. These guys all want a crack at a big job down the road and my gut tells me that Kenny knew he couldn't play the game he wanted to play at IU in order to get known as a big time recruiter.

Unfortunately for Kenny....he'll now have this attached to his name the same way Meyers, Senderhoff, McCallum,etc....will have the rest of their life. Johnson was key for RJ, Vonleh, Troy, and obviously James Blackmon Jr....Vonleh came for instant playing time and a chance to go to the league after we lost Cody. Blackmon's family has big $...and you don't pay for guys like RJ, Troy, and Stan (sorry).

Sorry to ramble. I just see any reason for IU fans to be concerned. Of course the unknown is always going to be out there but I feel good.

I have said from the very beginning of this.... IU needs to be part of the solution, and not part of the problem.  In that, if for some unforeseen circumstance, Kenny Johnson had dirt on his hands while at IU.... then take our lumps, and move on from there.   Unlike as what we are seeing at other universities that are continuing to deny, deny, deny.  Once again... this has been going on for years and years.  From Sonny at UCLA, to Piggie and Ole Roy at Kansas and Cal and Pitino at various schools they have coached at. No surprise to the informed college basketball fan, and historian of college basketball.   Even Tom Crean alluded to it, while still our coach, and as to why he did not go after certain recruits.  So, why is it still a surprise to guy's like Roy and others ?  Again.... deny, deny, deny.  Now it has come out that the FBI investigation has resulted in a Grand Jury.  And one individual has just tweeted that there are more shock waves to come... within the next two weeks.  I certainly hope those shock waves don't involve the GREAT Indiana University basketball program.  But if they do.... deal with it... and move on. We need to be part of the solution, as I have said, and not part of the problem. 

Based on his pompous attitude and phony persona, there's no one else right now I want more to see taken down than good ol' Roy. Cal may be a close second, but at least he has the intelligence to keep his mouth shut here.  Nothing would make my day more right now than seeing Roy led away in cuffs.

17 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Based on his pompous attitude and phony persona, there's no one else right now I want more to see taken down than good ol' Roy. Cal may be a close second, but at least he has the intelligence to keep his mouth shut here.  Nothing would make my day more right now than seeing Roy led away in cuffs.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Kansas was dirty.  Self has had a lot of shady recruits.

2 hours ago, milehiiu said:

I have said from the very beginning of this.... IU needs to be part of the solution, and not part of the problem.  In that, if for some unforeseen circumstance, Kenny Johnson had dirt on his hands while at IU.... then take our lumps, and move on from there.   Unlike as what we are seeing at other universities that are continuing to deny, deny, deny.  Once again... this has been going on for years and years.  From Sonny at UCLA, to Piggie and Ole Roy at Kansas and Cal and Pitino at various schools they have coached at. No surprise to the informed college basketball fan, and historian of college basketball.   Even Tom Crean alluded to it, while still our coach, and as to why he did not go after certain recruits.  So, why is it still a surprise to guy's like Roy and others ?  Again.... deny, deny, deny.  Now it has come out that the FBI investigation has resulted in a Grand Jury.  And one individual has just tweeted that there are more shock waves to come... within the next two weeks.  I certainly hope those shock waves don't involve the GREAT Indiana University basketball program.  But if they do.... deal with it... and move on. We need to be part of the solution, as I have said, and not part of the problem. 

Completely agree with taking your lumps and moving on. I saw that Pitino's lawyer said that UL acted out of anger without reason when they fired him. 

21 minutes ago, BeerBQ said:

Completely agree with taking your lumps and moving on. I saw that Pitino's lawyer said that UL acted out of anger without reason when they fired him. 

Thanks Beer.  That is the job of a lawyer, right or wrong to lay down a defense of their client.  Hard at times to understand truth from fiction, in order to defend a client.

Technically, Pitino has of yet to have been fired.  UL going thru the legal process of his contract.  In the end, Pitino should be done.  IMHO, he has been the slime of college basketball for decades... both on and off the court. 

1 hour ago, dbmhoosier said:

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Kansas was dirty.  Self has had a lot of shady recruits.

That wouldn't surprise me either. I just have a particular dislike for Roy's pompous holier-than-thou persona given the stuff that's gone on around his program.  I honestly cant think of a coach other than Pitino that I feel more disgust for right now.

Archived