FBI Arrests Coaches in Corruption Scandal

FW_Hoosier

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

https://sports.yahoo.com/top-recruits-address-college-basketball-scandal-unfortunate-crazy-205510012.html

"Little said UNC coach Roy Williams has insinuated to him that the Tar Heels won’t receive a significant punishment from the NCAA. He said that Williams has not told him of the specific punishment, but told him generally: “It’s not necessarily an athletic thing,” he said Williams told him. “It wasn’t just the basketball team involved in it. They’re not going to be penalized as people suggest.”"

Yet another reason I've come to absolutely detest Slimeball Roy Williams.

Just like Ole Roy knew nothing about paper classes.  And how McCants went from failing and being suspended due to his failing grades to the Dean's list by taking those paper classes that Ole Roy knew nothing about.

Former North Carolina basketball star Rashad McCants says he took sham classes

49 minutes ago, Jerry Lundergaard said:

When I was a student in the mid/ late 70's, there were members of the men's basketball team driving around campus in brand new Vettes . 

Just sayin

Hmm. I was a student in the early/mid '70s and don't remember anything like that. I saw a lot of those guys walking around on campus with a load of books under their arms. Usually with several girls trailing behind. Steve Downing was in my frosh psych class (he must have been a sophomore)--I remember him walking around on crutches after his injury, no Vette. Steve Downing has the only triple double in IU history, IIRC. Just for reference, it's interesting to check out the box score when Downing went against Bill Walton when they went head to head in the tourney, March 24, 1973. One guy dominated, and it wasn't Walton.

2 minutes ago, Mac said:

Hmm. I was a student in the early/mid '70s and don't remember anything like that. I saw a lot of those guys walking around on campus with a load of books under their arms. Usually with several girls trailing behind. Steve Downing was in my frosh psych class (he must have been a sophomore)--I remember him walking around on crutches after his injury, no Vette. Steve Downing has the only triple double in IU history, IIRC. Just for reference, it's interesting to check out the box score when Downing went against Bill Walton when they went head to head in the tourney, March 24, 1973. One guy dominated, and it wasn't Walton.

I remember in the early '70s seeing goofy-looking, ears-sticking-out John Laskowski in the undergraduate side of the library sitting at one of those eight-person tables, ostensibly studying, surrounded by seven great-looking girls in the rest of the chairs.  Made me want to go out and shoot hoops rather than going back to my biochemistry!

42 minutes ago, Mac said:

Try a few years later. 

38 minutes ago, BoomBaby said:

I remember in the early '70s seeing goofy-looking, ears-sticking-out John Laskowski in the undergraduate side of the library sitting at one of those eight-person tables, ostensibly studying, surrounded by seven great-looking girls in the rest of the chairs.  Made me want to go out and shoot hoops rather than going back to my biochemistry!

I never saw Laz except on the court. He could play. I remember the eight-person tables. I remember my roomie tracking me down in the library to tell me that Iowa had beaten Minnesota and that we now had a chance to get into the tourney. And the impromptu campus celebration that followed. I remember that stuff.

Of course, I graduated before Knight became coach.  Just before.  The only Corvette I ever saw on campus was owned by a very close friend of mine. Rich dad.  From high school. I have to admit when were were cruising campus.... that it was a chick magnet.... LOL

3 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Of course, I graduated before Knight became coach.  Just before.  The only Corvette I ever saw on campus was owned by a very close friend of mine. Rich dad.  From high school. I have to admit when were were cruising campus.... that it was a chick magnet.... LOL

Wow. I finally found somebody older than I am! I'm gonna log off and tell my wife! I may need you to sign an affidavit or something cuz I'm sure she won't believe me.

13 minutes ago, Jerry Lundergaard said:

Just saying that players were driving around campus in high end cars during my time there. 

Not doubting you, in the least.  Just like my friend who's dad was rich, and afforded him the luxury of a Corvette, at that time.

7 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Not doubting you, in the least.  Just like my friend who's dad was rich, and afforded him the luxury of a Corvette, at that time.

Exactly. And that's why you can't draw conclusions about the Duke kid.

22 minutes ago, Mac said:

Wow. I finally found somebody older than I am! I'm gonna log off and tell my wife! I may need you to sign an affidavit or something cuz I'm sure she won't believe me.

Guys around here know how old I am.  In fact we had a renewed meet and greet on the HSN.03  mod only board, where the mods shared their ages, among other things about themselves.

I am proud to announce that I am 71 years of age.  OMG.  I just realized that I may have told the rest of moderating team that I am 72 ! Oh well, that's what happens when one reaches my age.  I will catch up. LOL

Thanks to all of you great HSN members through all these years, for giving me something I love waking up to every morning.  I truly love this site, and all of you.

Mac. I would love to send you or your wife a validation as to my age.  However keep in mind, one of our treasured members.... Hoosier Till Death, is even older than me.  And the amazing thing is that he takes a bus to the local library nearly every day to communicate with us.

9 minutes ago, Jerry Lundergaard said:

Exactly. And that's why you can't draw conclusions about the Duke kid.

Point and counterpoint.  Well done, my friend.  However, the question still remains.  Where did the money come from? In my friend's case, I know it came from his rich father, for the Corvette. In fact back then, his dad was buying a new Corvette for himself every year.  Can that be said the same of the Duke kid ?  Where did the money come for the Duke kid ? To this day, I don't know if that question has been answered.

Aside from that. I love the fact that you chose to become a member of HSN.03 on my birthday, in August.  And I truly appreciate your participation on our site.  Keep it coming. We need more like you to continue to keep this fledgling IU site to grow. 

18 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Point and counterpoint.  Well done, my friend.  However, the question still remains.  Where did the money come from? In my friend's case, I know it came from his rich father, for the Corvette. In fact back then, his dad was buying a new Corvette for himself every year.  Can that be said the same of the Duke kid ?  Where did the money come for the Duke kid ? To this day, I don't know if that question has been answered.

Aside from that. I love the fact that you chose to become a member of HSN.03 on my birthday, in August.  And I truly appreciate your participation on our site.  Keep it coming. We need more like you to continue to keep this fledgling IU site to grow. 

Thanks Mile. I enjoy the back and forth and love the new site 

10 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Mile.  The version I always heard was that it was not the car that the ladies liked.  It was YOU that was the chick magnet.

15 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Good to know.  I was unfamiliar with Clay till I ran across his article, while surfing the net, today.  Gonna have to check it out, thanks to you.

Much like the early days of Jim Rome just understand he's a different kind of listen. I like him. Have listened to him for years. Originally an attorney. Based in Nashville and he's been calling the demise/slip of ESPN for years. Really, really good listen.

12 hours ago, Jerry Lundergaard said:

Just saying that players were driving around campus in high end cars during my time there. 

I've heard this as well, from a source who would know.

I also saw with my own eyes HMP driving a Chevy sedan with a license plate reading 'IU12' and pulling it into the Chevy dealer in Martinsville.  I'm pretty sure he didn't have the means to own a car and it was a dealer "loaner", but of course have no way to prove that.  

1 hour ago, KoB2011 said:

I've heard this as well, from a source who would know.

I also saw with my own eyes HMP driving a Chevy sedan with a license plate reading 'IU12' and pulling it into the Chevy dealer in Martinsville.  I'm pretty sure he didn't have the means to own a car and it was a dealer "loaner", but of course have no way to prove that.  

Was he driving it on the sidewalk? :coffee:

Archived