FBI Arrests Coaches in Corruption Scandal

FW_Hoosier

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finally ,I can speak out about this !! I have a distant relative who works for the FBI ! I've known about this secret investigation that has been going on for TEN YEARS now !! I could not speak out then , nor can I reveal my relative's name !! I'm just hoping and praying that Cal-he's-smelly , Roy Williams and ALL of the other CHEATERS get sentenced to the full extent that the LAW allows !!

Following this today has been crazy.  I'm assuming Nike will eventually be implicated since in the report it mentions 2 brands bidding on a player.  The only reason I'm guessing Nike is because they are easily the biggest name in Bball apparel and is just as involved at the AAU level as Adidas.   What is going to happen if the 2 biggest apparel companies are found to be dirty?  I don't think everyone would jump ship, but if Under Armor stayed clean in all this I think they could pick up a lot of schools who want to remove themselves from the scandal.

4 minutes ago, BtownBallers said:

Following this today has been crazy.  I'm assuming Nike will eventually be implicated since in the report it mentions 2 brands bidding on a player.  The only reason I'm guessing Nike is because they are easily the biggest name in Bball apparel and is just as involved at the AAU level as Adidas.   What is going to happen if the 2 biggest apparel companies are found to be dirty?  I don't think everyone would jump ship, but if Under Armor stayed clean in all this I think they could pick up a lot of schools who want to remove themselves from the scandal.

Who would have thought that the Big Baller Brand would be left standing to outfit the entire NCAA.  Lavar Ball, what a savvy forward thinking business man...SAID NO ONE EVER!! 

17 minutes ago, hoosiertildeath said:

Finally ,I can speak out about this !! I have a distant relative who works for the FBI ! I've known about this secret investigation that has been going on for TEN YEARS now !! I could not speak out then , nor can I reveal my relative's name !! I'm just hoping and praying that Cal-he's-smelly , Roy Williams and ALL of the other CHEATERS get sentenced to the full extent that the LAW allows !!

this investigation has only been going on for 3 years, so either youre lying or the FBI is lying. 

The best thing that could come out of this ( Other than some CROOKED COACHES GOING TO JAIL )  would be(in my honest opinion ) for the  [Censured ] NBA & NCAA go back to letting High School Grads go right into the NBA draft if that H.S. Grad thinks he is that good !! I think that was the WORST thing that the NBA & NCAA EVER DID in making kids go to College who absolutely have NO BUSINESS being in College Basketball !!

There is a lot of speculation about the coaches, administration, and execs of different companies, but I haven't seen anything about what it means for the athletes.  Will players that have been proven to take money be ineligible/kicked out of school or what? I'm sure there are a number of things that could happen, but is there a precedent for this that might be on a smaller scale? 

Just now, Hoosier98 said:

There is a lot of speculation about the coaches, administration, and execs of different companies, but I haven't seen anything about what it means for the athletes.  Will players that have been proven to take money be ineligible/kicked out of school or what? I'm sure there are a number of things that could happen, but is there a precedent for this that might be on a smaller scale? 

I heard Dakich say that basically, he expects any player implicated will be ruled ineligible to play.  Additionally, if the parents/person accepting the money didn't claim the income on taxes (which is most likely the case) they may have issues with the IRS plus however the FBI determines any guilt there.

Archived