Welcome to Hoosier Sports Nation | Indiana Basketball and Sports Forum

Welcome to HoosierSportsNation 3.0 -- our newest and best iteration.  We promise we won't bite -- come on in and register to join the party!

FW_Hoosier

FBI Arrests Coaches in Corruption Scandal

30 minutes ago, BeerBQ said:

Just saw on Twitter that allegedly a UL booster was behind the stripper payments. 

That could be big news. 

Saw that too, potentially pretty big news. I know Pitino still denies being involved, mainly through his mouthpiece Dick Vitale, but if it really a booster backing all of this, then I highly doubt Pitino didn't have some knowledge. He might not have known any of the details, in a 'the less coach knows the better' type of thing, but he would have had to know there was stuff going on. 

43 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Saw that too, potentially pretty big news. I know Pitino still denies being involved, mainly through his mouthpiece Dick Vitale, but if it really a booster backing all of this, then I highly doubt Pitino didn't have some knowledge. He might not have known any of the details, in a 'the less coach knows the better' type of thing, but he would have had to know there was stuff going on. 

Naw.  In order to get infractions, a coach does not have to know that a booster (Mark Adam's) bought stickers years before he coached at IU.  A booster paying for hookers? No way does that fall under the NCAA's policy that a HC is now responsible for every thing that goes on in his program. Even if he does not know.

Being facetious here.  Different strokes for different folks should be the NCAA's saying.

On 8/12/2019 at 10:37 PM, FKIM01 said:

Wow...this is not some random fan...holy cow...Screenshot_20190812-223546_Twitter.thumb.jpg.72264bfb663745a629500589d79ee07f.jpg

So just why is UL still playing basketball?

3 hours ago, slojoe said:

So just why is UL still playing basketball?

It has to be proven. NCAA could do that by telling Kenny Johnson and the other guy, come clean or the only coaching you will be doing the rest of your days will be at the Y.

6 hours ago, Indykev said:

It has to be proven. NCAA could do that by telling Kenny Johnson and the other guy, come clean or the only coaching you will be doing the rest of your days will be at the Y.

A rhetorical question.

On 8/13/2019 at 7:08 PM, Brass Cannon said:

Wow Eastern Kentucky State is gonna pay for that 

Yup, Murry State going to get hit hard for giving Ja' Morant 50k in bennifits a year for 4 years to play basketball for them. :coffee:

4 hours ago, FW_Hoosier said:

It cracks me up that this thread is coming up on its second birthday and absolutely nothing has happened.

The NCAA reminds me of that Disney movie with the sloths running the license branch...

Edited by FKIM01
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

The NCAA reminds me of that Disney movie with the sloths running the license branch...

The sloths actually wanted to do something though. 

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

10 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

The sloths actually wanted to do something though. 

Yeah, if we’re going with cartoons, I think this one sums up the NCAA better:

3 hours ago, tdhoosier said:

What the...

"If I had the chance to do it all over again, I would not do it. I'd try to barter something. I'd give blood. I'd give semen, something."

Lol.  No thanks Book.  Just hand over the bag o cash.

Go Hoosiers!!!

Edited by Indy1987
Misspell
  • Haha 1

I have to think that the only reason Arizona hasn't already fired Sean is that the damage is already done and they are trying to avoid litigation from Sean. If this is ultimately settled with Sean still coaching, I'll be shocked.