FBI Arrests Coaches in Corruption Scandal

FW_Hoosier

4 hours ago, milehiiu said:

I don't know what it is. However, every time I see your avatar.  I can't help but thinking of Government Cheese.  LOL

And you are right about Kansas.  From what I have read. They are digging the trenches. And bringing in the heavy artillery. 

I keep the avatar as a small nod to cheese, wherever he may be.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/bill-self-kansas-double-down-on-innocence-as-ncaa-probe-ramps-up-with-season-beginning/

As stated earlier in the thread, Self and the university seem to be digging in their heels on this.

Looks like Million Dollar Bill may have had a Freudian slip there...

43 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Looks like Million Dollar Bill may have had a Freudian slip there...

Asked directly Wednesday whether he had ever requested payments from Gassnola for any prospects, players or relatives of athletes, Self responded plainly.

"That's a fair question, and it has been answered."

So?

"I can say, yes."

To be accurate, Self later clarified he actually meant "no," he had not asked for players to be paid.

LOLOLOLOL

2 hours ago, JugRox said:

Asked directly Wednesday whether he had ever requested payments from Gassnola for any prospects, players or relatives of athletes, Self responded plainly.

So?

"I can say, yes."

To be accurate, Self later clarified he actually meant "no," he had not asked for players to be paid.

LOLOLOLOL

"When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said, in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean—neither more nor less."

3 hours ago, JugRox said:

So?

"I can say, yes."

LOLOLOLOL

Funny how the truth comes out sometimes...

• 1 month later...
15 hours ago, Parakeet Jones said:

Just saw where USC got their notice of allegations. 

From the AP...

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Southern California’s basketball program has received a notice of allegations from the NCAA following a federal investigation into corruption and bribery in the sport.

The school said in a statement Friday night it has “cooperated with the NCAA since it first became aware of the issues” raised in the notice, and it “looks forward to an expeditious resolution of this matter.”

The notice had been expected, but the NCAA’s timeline for ruling on USC’s case is uncertain. The NCAA opened similar cases against North Carolina State, Kansas, and Oklahoma State this year.

The university statement referred to a “former coach in the men’s basketball program,” which presumably is former assistant Tony Bland. He was fired by USC in January 2018. He pleaded guilty to conspiracy to commit bribery last January. As part of his plea, Bland acknowledged accepting a $4,100 bribe and received two years’ probation.

Bland said in court he received payments for directing USC players to retain the services of certain financial advisers and business managers.

Bland and nine others were arrested and faced charges of fraud and bribery following the FBI’s investigation into college basketball. USC and several other schools were caught up in the inquiry.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/16/2019 at 9:03 AM, Zuckerkorn said:

In this perpetual, and thus far actionless, saga I might have missed it - has UL been given a notice thus far?  Seems like there were 3 or 4 teams that were caught "dead to rights" by the FBI and they were certainly one of them.

Kansas, TCU, and USC (I think) are the only ones to get the notice 

For all of the hype this got with everyone saying how big this was and how it would change basketball as we know it, I really don't see where the basketball landscape has change any.  A big flash and no real substance.  Did the money make its way to the NCAA and stop the momentum?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived