Best live streaming services?

30 minutes ago, Colonialcrester said:

I have been reading about that...Do I have to have a Playstation?  I use a couple of firesticks right now along with traditional cable.  I would like to keep using the firesticks.

I don't have a PlayStation. I have used it off of my Apple TV and a Roku Stick. I can't remember if I've used my Chromecast on it or not. 

I've had Sling TV and briefly tried Hulu Live but wasn't as big a fan of either. Sling is great you just don't get BTN. 

5 minutes ago, Colonialcrester said:

I am thinking about Directtv Now because it has BTN.  

That's the one I haven't tried. I'd just look up the features and pricing of all the services and see which one meets your needs. It's really easy to switch services too if you don't like one which is nice. 

16 minutes ago, HoosierFaithful said:

@KoB2011 -- I use Sling.  Can you assess ups/downs of Sling vs Vue?  Not wild about Sling, but I have it.

Sure man. I would honestly tilt the scale in favor of Vue in just about every way, other than price if you aren't using many/any add-ons with Sling.  If you're getting sports package, Blue and Orange then price becomes moot as well.  Vue has a better guide, although it does vary by device.  You can stream it on up to 5 devices.  It has a Cloud DVR.  The $35/month package includes every channel I want including BTN and a bunch of other sports channels.  Vue added Red Zone to the sports package this year, so I'll add the sports package this fall but I haven't needed it at all until now.  (I switched to it last year in November or December) 

The main reason I switched to it from Sling was because of BTN, but overall I enjoy the experience much more.  

Here is a link that gives a good break down of them all: https://www.digitaltrends.com/home-theater/playstation-vue-vs-sling-tv-vs-directv-now-vs-youtube-tv-vs-hulu-with-live-tv/

Archived