Zach Loveday Commits to Baylor

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Madison22 said:

Zach was on campus yesterday.  His Adidas numbers this Spring:

10 points, 6 rebounds, 2 blocks per game. 

57% shooting.

From this @The Daily Hoosier  recap today:

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-basketball-recruiting-2020-7-footer-zach-loveday-unofficially-visited-thursday/

Must suck to be a big in these AAU games. Nobody wants to pass it to them, they typically just get hustle put back points and refs don’t call fouls down low much. Miserable lol.

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

they typically just get hustle put back points

Hustle plays!  Yes.  All five players should do this, every possession.

I cringe whenever I see put backs called "garbage points."  They're difficult, and can break the spirit of the other team.

There are NBA all-stars who make a living on hustle plays. 

1 hour ago, Madison22 said:

Hustle plays!  Yes.  All five players should do this, every possession.

I cringe whenever I see put backs called "garbage points."  They're difficult, and can break the spirit of the other team.

There are NBA all-stars who make a living on hustle plays. 

As much as I didn’t care for him, Dennis Rodman was the epitome of what you described 

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

Maybe we're not out of the Zach Loveday sweepstakes

Thoughts on his IU visit: “It was eye-opening. I understood Indiana basketball was a big deal in the state of Indiana, but I didn’t realize it was that big. To see that, and the history that culture brings, and what coach Miller brings to that, is impressive.”

I'd be interested to know what he saw that makes him say that.

3 minutes ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

If you are a kid from a very small town in Ohio without much knowledge of IU and you see Cook Hall and SSAH I can understand that reaction.

I was gonna say the same thing. I haven't been able to see the renovations in person, but the pics looked outstanding.

Showing a prospect a filled trophy case is one of those blue-blood benefits that make the ascendence back to the top more possible.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Full court press on Dawson Garcia?

It was very telling that Leal and Galloway have been mentioning him recently.

Regarding Loveday, he may be dropping a bit (not super physical) but you can't teach 7'1 (and mobile).  He seems a lot like a Rick Pitino big man.  Any team who wants to play a similar style (run the court, bigs stretch, rotational) ought to be interested IMO.

• 3 weeks later...
  • KDB changed the title to Zach Loveday Commits to Baylor

Archived