Recruiting Momentum?

A lot of meat on this bone TDH.   Just as my mind is conjuring up things as I read through your great article.... then I come to what I have been thinking.... and your addressing it.

For, instance.... I was one who thought Cody Zeller had finally proved to Indiana kids that it was "cool" to commit to IU.

And as I thought about Duke.... on a perpetual role in terms of recruiting..... yet again, you address that as well.

Like hoosierfan615..... can't say enough about your work. And all you are doing for Hoosier Sports Nation.  You are the cream in our crimson coffee.

Speaking of momentum.  TDH.... you are on a roll.  Things just keep getting better from the very first day you posted on HSN.  

And a term from when I was a student at IU in reference to IU's FB team during our Rose Bowl year.   There was a billboard on 37 heading North which stated "Keep the Ball rolling".... with a weekly update after every win. A take on a popular song at the time.... and WLS radio out of Chicago....

Jay And The Techniques - Keep The Ball Rollin' - 

So... I say to you TDH..... Keep the ball rolling !

2 hours ago, milehiiu said:

A lot of meat on this bone TDH.   Just as my mind is conjuring up things as I read through your great article.... then I come to what I have been thinking.... and your addressing it.

For, instance.... I was one who thought Cody Zeller had finally proved to Indiana kids that it was "cool" to commit to IU.

And as I thought about Duke.... on a perpetual role in terms of recruiting..... yet again, you address that as well.

Like hoosierfan615..... can't say enough about your work. And all you are doing for Hoosier Sports Nation.  You are the cream in our crimson coffee.

Speaking of momentum.  TDH.... you are on a roll.  Things just keep getting better from the very first day you posted on HSN.  

And a term from when I was a student at IU in reference to IU's FB team during our Rose Bowl year.   There was a billboard on 37 heading North which stated "Keep the Ball rolling".... with a weekly update after every win. A take on a popular song at the time.... and WLS radio out of Chicago....

Jay And The Techniques - Keep The Ball Rollin' - 

So... I say to you TDH..... Keep the ball rolling !

You are way too kind.  Thank you so much for your support.

nice article and well balanced.  I don't think we have recruiting momentum yet.  We need to win with this years class.  We need to be a big name on TV this year.  We need to be in the hunt.  We need everyone on all radio and tv stations mentioning IU and where did they come from and wow are they showing everyone.  Then 1 or 2 players picked in the first round of the draft.  

Then you see if you have momentum. It might not be the 2019 class that starts the momentum.  But the 2020 class will determine if we have proved to be cool to attend again.  Be that blue blood program that has a chance to win a national title every year.

But you have to win.  Great coaches and programs find ways to win.  Then the recruits come.  

Archived