Summer is heating up for IU's men's basketball.

1 hour ago, hoosier10 said:

That is a junk article that reads like it was written by a 12 year old. Felt like clickbait. I’d appreciate this being left off this proud and honorable site.  Leave it to the pros who get PAID to write IU articles.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion.   And I can respect you for voicing that opinion.  It's been weeks since I started a thread in the General Basketball forum. Preferring that our members get more involved that way.  I looked for a place to put this article.  Thought about putting in it the Summer Work Out thread.  But that title says : Videos.   And clearly this is not a video.

I am truly sorry you did not see the value I saw in this article. I did not view it as clickbait in the least. Rather,  I honestly thought our members would have been interested in seeing an article published by a current student. True she is not a pro.  Still learning her craft. 

I will take your thoughts into consideration, when or if I choose to start  another thread on this site with a link, which I not only helped to start, but have worked hard for years, in three iterations to make it the proud and honorable site you have acknowledged it for being. 

Thanks for being a member.  Sorry I disappointed you.  Certainly not my intent, when I started this thread.

53 minutes ago, TN_Hoosier said:

The article was a fine read on a retired summer afternoon...  Just my opinion...

That's what I thought.  And thanks for your and Kaustical's replies.  I appreciate both. And as I said, I had no intention in offending any HSN member in starting this thread.

In fact. Just the opposite. 

Over the years, I have been an advocate for supporting IU students who have chosen to become members of our boards... while they were students at our beloved IU.

That is all I thought I was doing by linking Kate's article here. 

Alex over at ITH... and so many others, really got their start and support by me and Hoosier Sports Nation. Many have gone on to greater things. Some remember me...and others don't. That's ok....as they were instrumental in building our site over the years.  And they were not professionals when they started out with us.  I can give many other examples, but for now, just one.....

Take for example.  Another early member.  My good friend Brady Stiff.  Known as Stiffler when he started posting here, as a student. Grew up in Rolling Meadows, Illinois. And we shared many horse racing stories, back in the day.  In fact, Brady used to work summers, while a student at IU,  at Arlington Race Track, next to Rolling Meadows. And one day, I tried to meet up with him there. Only to have him tell me he was too busy that day to break away to meet up with me.  And Brady was a member of WIUX. Again, a kinship, as I worked at IU's student radio as well before it changed it call sign to WIUX.  And,   who has gone on to do great things at WGN in Chicago.... and other places.

ICB Grad Brady Stiff - WGN Producer at ICB Chicago Campus 

Brady Stiff - Producer - WGN Radio | LinkedIn

58 minutes ago, kaustical said:

Nice article, harsh reply.  

It's not the best I've read, but neither is it the worst.  Pretty much a recap of what I already knew.

Was the reply harsh?  I think it was unnecessarily harsh to make the point. Some of you (I'm speaking to some other comments read today in this forum as well) must have flunked diplomacy class.

1 hour ago, FKIM01 said:

It's not the best I've read, but neither is it the worst.  Pretty much a recap of what I already knew.

Was the reply harsh?  I think it was unnecessarily harsh to make the point. Some of you (I'm speaking to some other comments read today in this forum as well) must have flunked diplomacy class.

Thanks for the reply.  One of the things I have learned, after over 10 years of doing this stick .... is that not everybody reads everything, every day.  I applaud you for your loyalty to our site, and keeping up on all things IUBB. You.... are... and have always been a valued member of Hoosier Sports Nation.    Having said that, without question.... there are others that.... especially in the summer only check in from time to time.  So... they are not as aware as many of us. 

One other thing.... learned long ago.... to "Let it Be".  Spelling errors, nor redundancy are not part of my "thing".  Everyone has a right to be here.  And as I stated earlier, I appreciate all opinions.  Diplomacy classes.... and all.... I appreciated the input of the young lady... working towards her degree at IU.   Actually, for me.... she brought some new knowledge about the summer workouts.... and where to find information about them.  So....in that respect... it was news to me. 

6 hours ago, hoosier10 said:

That is a junk article that reads like it was written by a 12 year old. Felt like clickbait. I’d appreciate this being left off this proud and honorable site.  Leave it to the pros who get PAID to write IU articles.

Somebody needs some Mydol. Keep up the great work Mile!

11 hours ago, hoosier10 said:

Bad day at work lol? Seriously though, that's a little over the top. 

I'm guessing this has more to do with Mile's views on pay sites. Mile - seems like there's a lot of stuff I don't know about regarding this back and forth on pay sites...but hey, as long the pay journalists are being professional and just trying to make a buck maybe they're not so bad either? 

20 hours ago, hoosier10 said:

Chill out. It's an article. I'd hate to see what your reaction might be if you get the wrong food delivered. 

10 minutes ago, INDenizen said:

I think the problem with the article (for me) is that this site is so great we already knew all the info presented. To someone who doesn't follow the Hoosiers, it may be a fine read.

I agree all day with this. I routinely see other IU fans for work, social whatever the setting might be and I'm amazed at what most people don't know.  I even told the 1260 guys in Indy they should spend a few minutes on this board before interviewing people or discussing recruiting. They sounded dreadfully misinformed.

Of course natural reaction from them is they have plenty of sports to cover. My response was there are 2 things that move the needle in Indy radio. Colts and IU basketball. That's it. Sounding dumb on the air (Romeo recruitment as late as early April) was a tough listen. Especially for alumni. I usually like their show but I sat there in amazement at the lack of knowledge. I gave up on the 1070 folks or I would say the same to them.

49 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I agree all day with this. I routinely see other IU fans for work, social whatever the setting might be and I'm amazed at what most people don't know.  I even told the 1260 guys in Indy they should spend a few minutes on this board before interviewing people or discussing recruiting. They sounded dreadfully misinformed.

Of course natural reaction from them is they have plenty of sports to cover. My response was there are 2 things that move the needle in Indy radio. Colts and IU basketball. That's it. Sounding dumb on the air (Romeo recruitment as late as early April) was a tough listen. Especially for alumni. I usually like their show but I sat there in amazement at the lack of knowledge. I gave up on the 1070 folks or I would say the same to them.

Preach it! I know exactly what you are talking about in regards to local sports radio. It has been pathetic how far behind they are, how uninformed, and how shallow the info is. They tease me with IU recruiting talk and then fall well short of my hopes for, at minimum, a fresh angle or nuance...but no.

1 hour ago, Parakeet Jones said:

I’m pretty sure the guys on 1450 in Jeffersonville get all their info here. 

And I would say kudos to them. At least they are trying to bring current information. Last time I called into a talk show Dakich and I went back and forth and he hung up on me because what I was saying about him back in the Sampson days. I haven't reached that level yet with Query and Schultz but if they don't start picking up the pace a tad...I'll head to KSR when they are there again and point them in this direction....again.

2 hours ago, Parakeet Jones said:

I’m pretty sure the guys on 1450 in Jeffersonville get all their info here. 

Matt D on 1450 is pretty informed about what is going on with IU basketball.  He has IU guys on all the time and he had a weekly interview with Fischer.

Archived