General NBA Thread

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Hoooster is just hyper sensitive when anyone talks bad abut PG.  To me PG lost me when he was selfish and did not do what the team asked him to do when they wanted him to play the 4 in a smaller lineup.  PG is al about himself and not the team and I just can't stand players like that. Maybe that is why I have a problem with the NBA because it is all about the individual player and not the team.

Yeah, I know his feelings on PG. I was making a South Park reference. 

What I didn't know was that you have a problem with the NBA. It's hard to tell, given how much you talk about it. 

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Nope. And funny in context when PG us being criticized for picking the Thunder deal for less money, when he obviously could have taken more going to the Lakers and other teams that were ready to pay him better, but instead he let Thunder management know in advance that he would take their 4-year deal, for less money, so they could move forward with Grant and otherwise be ready going forward. So selfish. 

Saying silly things like I’m sensitive about him while just ignoring everything that actually happened. Nice 

Rumor has it PG is a Bimmer guy. At least he has good taste in cars. 

Lebron to the Lakers. Probably thought it would be easier to surround himself with winners now that a few other decisions have been made...namely Chris Paul. 

And now with Lebron gone. Celtics certainly have to be smiling. Pacers too. East is open for business again.

18 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Lebron to the Lakers. Probably thought it would be easier to surround himself with winners now that a few other decisions have been made...namely Chris Paul. 

And now with Lebron gone. Celtics certainly have to be smiling. Pacers too. East is open for business again.

Raptors are celebrating, lol

26 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

LeBron’s agent: LeBron James signs 4-year, $154 million contract with Lakers 

2 minutes ago, ADegenerate said:

We just need Boogie and Kawhi now. Make it happen Earvin! 

He'll never play in the Finals again but that is fine by me.  I've never been a fan.  But if he can somehow get LA past GS he'll definitely deserve a lot of praise.

8 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

He'll never play in the Finals again but that is fine by me.  I've never been a fan.  But if he can somehow get LA past GS he'll definitely deserve a lot of praise.

We’ll see. He did beat the warriors once  and was the real MVP when Igudola won it so time will tell. Why aren’t you a fan? The dude plays the game about as optimally as you can play it imo.

1 minute ago, ADegenerate said:

We’ll see. He did beat the warriors once  and was the real MVP when Igudola won it so time will tell. Why aren’t you a fan? The dude plays the game about as optimal as you can play it imo.

He whines more than any player I've ever seen and yet he probably gets a more favorable whistle than just about anyone that has ever played.  Leaving Cleveland for Miami to form his super team sealed it for me.  Jordan, Bird, Magic etc never would've done that, especially to their hometown.  There was also that ridiculous the Decision special and the not 6, not 7 comment.  I just can't stand him.  If Lebron had the killer instinct of Jordan or Kobe he'd probably be the GOAT.  But he doesn't.   He's a beta and follower.  

4 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

He whines more than any player I've ever seen and yet he probably gets a more favorable whistle than just about anyone that has ever played.  Leaving Cleveland for Miami to form his super team sealed it for me.  Jordan, Bird, Magic etc never would've done that, especially to their hometown.  There was also that ridiculous the Decision special and the not 6, not 7 comment.  I just can't stand him.  If Lebron had the killer instinct of Jordan or Kobe he'd probably be the GOAT.  But he doesn't.   He's a beta and follower.  

I’m lebron guy and you’re lebron hater guy. Fair enough. No room for discussion I don’t think.

15 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Don’t know how this take can exist in 2018.  I had this same exact opinion until he came back from down 3-1 and beat the best (or second-best) team of all time in the Finals.  He’s still an annoying whiny diva, but now all I can do is just have begrudging respect.

17 hours ago, ADegenerate said:

I’m lebron guy and you’re lebron hater guy. Fair enough. No room for discussion I don’t think.

It's either love or hate for LeBron, that's for sure.  I don't care for him, but it's more personal that about his God-given talent.  No sense even going through the list as repeating it ad nauseum since I understand how annoying that can be and you've likely heard it all before.  I respect his talent (how can you not?) but I don't care for how he's carried himself personally or professionally.

Archived