General NBA Thread

18 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

I'm not saying he wasn't fouled, of course guys tried to stop him, but there's zero comparison to what guys did to Shaw (it's called hack a Shaq, not hack a Jordan, for obvious reasons) and then LBJ, which is just because those guys are so strong there's just nothing you can do otherwise to stop them. MJ was masterful, but he was not a physically super imposing player. Apples and oranges.

Hack a shaq... obviously because he cant shoot FTs lol not because of his interior dominance. You do understand the rules literally protect LBJ now?.. I dont remember him getting fouled hard once in the Pacers series... that F1 they called on Sabonis was a complete joke, now the rules certainly aren't LBJ fault, but c'mon man. Michael also played when there was no defensive 3 secs. Defenses hands are tied when guarding LBJ.. you cant hammer him at the rim and you cant leave a shot blocker in front of the rim. The rules are literally geared towards him. Late 80s to late 90s... Pacers, Knicks, and Pistons beat the crap out of Jordan, he didnt flop or whine half as much as James. 

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Hack a shaq... obviously because he cant shoot FTs lol not because of his interior dominance. You do understand the rules literally protect LBJ now?.. I dont remember him getting fouled hard once in the Pacers series... that F1 they called on Sabonis was a complete joke, now the rules certainly aren't LBJ fault, but c'mon man. Michael also played when there was no defensive 3 secs. Defenses hands are tied when guarding LBJ.. you cant hammer him at the rim and you cant leave a shot blocker in front of the rim. The rules are literally geared towards him. Late 80s to late 90s... Pacers, Knicks, and Pistons beat the crap out of Jordan, he didnt flop or whine half as much as James. 

Oh Lord, this is getting into pointless territory. I don't remember how old you are, but if you can't acknowledge what the League as a whole was doing with Shaq then you either didn't watch then, or you are being disingenuous. The rules today absolutely favor guards, that doesn't change, at all, how badly LBJ gets hacked and grabbed going to the rim. And Jordan NEVER got the crap beat out of him. Let's call it a day here, better to just "agree to disagree."

12 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Oh Lord, this is getting into pointless territory. I don't remember how old you are, but if you can't acknowledge what the League as a whole was doing with Shaq then you either didn't watch then, or you are being disingenuous. The rules today absolutely favor guards, that doesn't change, at all, how badly LBJ gets hacked and grabbed going to the rim. And Jordan NEVER got the crap beat out of him. Let's call it a day here, better to just "agree to disagree."

"Never got the crap beat out of him" 

https://youtu.be/7GpIzCDynkE

5 minutes ago, btownqb said:

"Never got the crap beat out of him" 

https://youtu.be/7GpIzCDynkE

We could do this all day. He would drive in attacking and of course he got hit, just like Iverson would get hit, or any lead driving player. That is NOT the same as the grabbing and hacking that Shaq and LBJ had/have to put up with, it has nothing to do with dealing with a player with overpowering strength, it's just the usual getting in the way of and crowding a player attacking the basket. Again, apples and oranges. How many games of MJ did you actually watch in the 90's? 

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

No one got full on clobbered more than Jordan. How can whining and flopping be subjective? We're all literally watching him do it on 15 camera angles a game. Cant stand harden or Durant either. Shaq got away with more offensive fouls than anyone who's ever played. Again.. the FA has taken away from his legacy, I think. Regardless of the CBA he still could have stayed. Whyd he leave Miami?? Because they got beat by the Warriors? He is so soft. I'm honestly not sure how many NBA players right now aren't soft. Anthony Davis he would be one. Just seems like a league full of p****** imo. 

You barely touch some one today they go whining to the officials making it hard to watch.  There has always been whiners like Ainge and McHale or Lambeir but it seems like everyone does it today.

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

Hack a shaq... obviously because he cant shoot FTs lol not because of his interior dominance. You do understand the rules literally protect LBJ now?.. I dont remember him getting fouled hard once in the Pacers series... that F1 they called on Sabonis was a complete joke, now the rules certainly aren't LBJ fault, but c'mon man. Michael also played when there was no defensive 3 secs. Defenses hands are tied when guarding LBJ.. you cant hammer him at the rim and you cant leave a shot blocker in front of the rim. The rules are literally geared towards him. Late 80s to late 90s... Pacers, Knicks, and Pistons beat the crap out of Jordan, he didnt flop or whine half as much as James. 

One point of contention..... they didn't have defensive three seconds because they couldn't play zone defense at all when Jordan played. Players had to be within arm's length of the player they were guarding when Jordan played. 

16 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

One point of contention..... they didn't have defensive three seconds because they couldn't play zone defense at all when Jordan played. Players had to be within arm's length of the player they were guarding when Jordan played. 

Actually back then they did not call it defensive 3 seconds but illegal defense but it was the same thing.  Back then you could not just sit in the land all day because if you were in the lane for more than 3 seconds you were called for illegal defense.  Also on of the ball side you could not have your feet in the lane as well.

1 hour ago, KoB2011 said:

Fair. 

What do you guys think about the Lakers/LBJ's chances of competing with GS and Houston, and within that, does Kawhi somehow get to LA, soon? 

I just don't see any way the Spurs allow a trade to the Lakers, and especially not with LeBron there now ... it's not like I haven't been wrong before, but the Spurs helping out the Lakers?? Just don't see it. Boston or Philly seems to be much more likely, including for what the Spurs can get back.

And if not Kawhi, then who else might join LBJ this summer, or by the trade deadline, that would put the Lakers in legitimate striking distance in the West? Cousins? He's coming off that injury.... 

What a wild off season this has been, and already.

53 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

What do you guys think about the Lakers/LBJ's chances of competing with GS and Houston, and within that, does Kawhi somehow get to LA, soon? 

I just don't see any way the Spurs allow a trade to the Lakers, and especially not with LeBron there now ... it's not like I haven't been wrong before, but the Spurs helping out the Lakers?? Just don't see it. Boston or Philly seems to be much more likely, including for what the Spurs can get back.

And if not Kawhi, then who else might join LBJ this summer, or by the trade deadline, that would put the Lakers in legitimate striking distance in the West? Cousins? He's coming off that injury.... 

What a wild off season this has been, and already.

I think the Lakers can offer the most to the Spurs.  It doesn’t sound like Ainge is offering Tatum or Brown, and the Sixers were reportedly refusing to even offer Fultz.  In that scenario, a package centered around Ingram is probably the best the Spurs can hope for.

39 minutes ago, btownqb said:

2 places reporting Tyreke evans to the pacers for 1 year. Not a major outlet yet though... so I'm a little cautious, but if this is true its huge news. 19p 6r 6a and shot 40% from 3 on 5.5 attempts. 

He has met with the Lakers, Thunder and I believe GS, if he were to pick the P’s that would be a great addition 

2 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

He has met with the Lakers, Thunder and I believe GS, if he were to pick the P’s that would be a great addition 

We're better than the thunder. Probably be better than the Lakers this coming year. And we certainly offer more usage for him than the Thunder as well. But yes, it would be an awesome decision. 

@NotIThatLives what's confusing?

8 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Yeah, because a competitive playoff series for the Warriors would be so bad for the game. 

I'd rather them win it every year then LBJ get another one. Houston just took them to 7 games and would have won if CP didn't get hurt. 

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

We're better than the thunder. Probably be better than the Lakers this coming year. And we certainly offer more usage for him than the Thunder as well. But yes, it would be an awesome decision. 

Who is we?  Golden st, Houston, or Celtics?  A healthy Thunder are probably the 4th or 5th best team in the league.  

Archived