Jalen Blackmon

snowling

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Yes. Word is IU is going to monitor this summer and could offer him and Leal then depending on how they play and other recruits. He was at an IU game a couple weeks ago.

I just figured if Izzo has offered he has to be decent.  Seems like the type of kid who if we didn't offer would go to another B1G school and torment us for 4 years.

10 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

I just figured if Izzo has offered he has to be decent.  Seems like the type of kid who if we didn't offer would go to another B1G school and torment us for 4 years.

Problem is there are a dozen kids like that every year in this state (specifically that play guard). We don’t have enough scholarships for them all. I think Leal will get the offer but we may only have 2 scholarships so I’m thinking Galloway might not get an offer. We still are on some good players in 2020 like Morton as well...some good kids will always get away.

5 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Or, more to the point, will he struggle to score against D-1 level competition? 

In my opinion yes because he’s not a good ball handler and doesn’t have a lot of offensive skill besides shooting from deep.

19 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

He’s just like JBJ.  No much other than a scorer that takes a lot of shots.

Interesting to watch opinions evolve on Blackmon.  Saw Kelvin Sampson offered Jalen early on but it's not reflected on 24/7.  Just shows 3-star #73 in his class and the standard college list of IU, Purdue and UK.  This thread started with the Sampson offer, an expectation that IU would take Jalen, and even the rumor of a package deal with Vijay and Jalen.  Now it is said that Jalen is (1) too small and (2) a one-trick pony (shooter/scorer) that is (3) disinterested in defense with a credible insider saying that it's unlikely IU will even recruit Jalen.

https://247sports.com/Player/Jalen-Blackmon-46050387/

His 24/7 recruit page for reference.  I won't speculate yet where he ends up as he's really young, but it will be interesting to see if Kelvin's offer holds.

1 hour ago, FKIM01 said:

Interesting to watch opinions evolve on Blackmon.  Saw Kelvin Sampson offered Jalen early on but it's not reflected on 24/7.  Just shows 3-star #73 in his class and the standard college list of IU, Purdue and UK.  This thread started with the Sampson offer, an expectation that IU would take Jalen, and even the rumor of a package deal with Vijay and Jalen.  Now it is said that Jalen is (1) too small and (2) a one-trick pony (shooter/scorer) that is (3) disinterested in defense with a credible insider saying that it's unlikely IU will even recruit Jalen.

His 24/7 recruit page for reference.  I won't speculate yet where he ends up as he's really young, but it will be interesting to see if Kelvin's offer holds.

I see this as being similar to Zach Gunn if he doesn’t grow to be 6’5 or 6’6. IU is interested but never really gets serious with him.

19 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

On 9/23/2018 at 4:12 PM, IU_Realist said:

A good chunk of people think he is going to be a mid major recruit.  Don’t think it is a waste for Kelvin.  

Not really.  

• 2 weeks later...

After watching 6’ Carson Edwards hit a billion threes in the tourney I’m not sure why this guy isn’t getting more than nothing from IU. Family ties, family history of athletes. I understand he may not be defensively what Archie wants but offensively he’s what Archie needs. 

Archived