Jalen Blackmon

snowling

41 minutes ago, Ib4IU said:

After watching 6’ Carson Edwards hit a billion threes in the tourney I’m not sure why this guy isn’t getting more than nothing from IU. Family ties, family history of athletes. I understand he may not be defensively what Archie wants but offensively he’s what Archie needs. 

How many times have you seen him play?

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, rico said:

How many times have you seen him play?

Never in person and I’m no evaluator, but given his scoring ability, the fact he’s consistently in top 100 rankings for his class, it just seems something more than nothing should be happening. 

6 minutes ago, Ib4IU said:

Never in person and I’m no evaluator, but given his scoring ability, the fact he’s consistently in top 100 rankings for his class, it just seems something more than nothing should be happening. 

Well, he ain't his oldest brother at this point.

12 minutes ago, rico said:

Well, he ain't his oldest brother at this point.

Doesn’t need to be. JBJ was a top 15 player. I like a scoring point and historically if you look at the tournament a guard that could “get his” can carry a team during the tourney. 2 years of high school is a lot of time left. He may not be Big Ten level, but I’d personally welcome that type of guard and multiple of them. I know we’re on Lander for that class too. 

https://www.chronicle-tribune.com/common/story.php?ID=9406

9 minutes ago, Ib4IU said:

Doesn’t need to be. JBJ was a top 15 player. I like a scoring point and historically if you look at the tournament a guard that could “get his” can carry a team during the tourney. 2 years of high school is a lot of time left. He may not be Big Ten level, but I’d personally welcome that type of guard and multiple of them. I know we’re on Lander for that class too. 

https://www.chronicle-tribune.com/common/story.php?ID=9406

We shall see what these next two years bring...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, dgambill said:

So many top players in 2021...say its a long shot for him or Luke Brown to get an offer. They just don’t seem to fit Archie’s type of player.

Knowing Archie can't possibly offer every kid in the 2021 class, it will be easy to root for the kids that don't end up IU.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
16 hours ago, DC2345 said:

No thanks. I get the same vibes with him that I got with ketchup boy.

No way Kentucky would ever take him. He is going to struggle to get power 5 offers imo unless he can add to his overall game. If you are just saying he is just about his points and not team ball I got you. Hoping that isn’t true and he rounds out the rest of his game.

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

No way Kentucky would ever take him. He is going to struggle to get power 5 offers imo unless he can add to his overall game. If you are just saying he is just about his points and not team ball I got you. Hoping that isn’t true and he rounds out the rest of his game.

I just don’t think he is as good as some people think. Doesn’t have a great overall skill set. Could it have improved since last year? Sure and we’ll see here in a few weeks. 

• 1 month later...

Archived