Jalen Blackmon

snowling

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, DocHoosier said:

Poor Jalen. Same thing that happened to James if my memory serves

Hate that for the kid. I know he probably wasn’t going to be an IU recruit but he is a talented scorer...if only we could transfer his shooting to one of our kids... and his team is just a shooter or two from being really good. We just go through such long droughts on offense.

2 hours ago, DC2345 said:

It happened to all 3. 

Sometimes I wonder if it isn’t genetics more so with stuff like that. I mean you look at the Porter family in the pros and all have had knee injuries even their sister. That said shooting is also generic I think lol...because Jalen can light it up....maybe even better than his brother.

• 4 months later...
A good profile on the Blackmon family.  Jalen says IU is still involved but it is probably going to take an incredible senior year to make that happen.  That won't be easy coming off an ACL. Either way an impressive talent and in many ways an IU family.  JBJ and Vijay are included.

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, rico said:

Saw where he picked up an offer from Grand Canyon, imagine that?

Haha. Yep. Ed going to work right away. We better get used to hearing Grand Canyon around here and wouldn't surprise me one bit to see borderline 3/4 star pick them once every few years.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, dgambill said:

They always have very talented teams...and that is an expensive school too!

Also great education school as well... what might help SLU is they always had a high standard to get in like Notre Dale but because of the pandemic they have actually waived the admission restrictions this year.

2 hours ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

Also great education school as well... what might help SLU is they always had a high standard to get in like Notre Dale but because of the pandemic they have actually waived the admission restrictions this year.

Yep very reputable school. One of my wife’s best friends from high school went to law school there. Told me it took awhile to pay off all the loans lol. Now she is a stay at home mom.

21 hours ago, dgambill said:

Yep very reputable school. One of my wife’s best friends from high school went to law school there. Told me it took awhile to pay off all the loans lol. Now she is a stay at home mom.

One of my wife’s distant cousins/friends went there as an undergrad with a guarantee for med school.  Pretty good deal to know you’re automatically in med school as long as you do what you’re supposed to.  It’s a good way to attract top high school students and get them to pick SLU over another option.  

On 7/26/2020 at 6:28 PM, IUfaninIllinois said:

Love Travis ford.... think he’s doing a hell of a job recruiting when he’s stuck in the middle of Illinois and Missouri 

St. Louis has had a series of good to great coaches prior to Ford.  In fact, Ford succeeded Jim Crews... of 1976 IU NC fame.  And Crews took over after Rick Majerus' death.

On 7/26/2020 at 8:28 PM, IUfaninIllinois said:

Love Travis ford.... think he’s doing a hell of a job recruiting when he’s stuck in the middle of Illinois and Missouri 

I was always a fan of Ford when he played for Kentucky, makes me slightly ill even admitting my liking a kitty cat player. That being said I really liked those early Rick P teams, from the Unforgettables to the Travis/Mashburn teams, a lot of players on those teams I enjoyed watching Jared Pritchard? was one I liked a lot, a poor mans Tyler Hansboro.

41 minutes ago, H00sier said:

I was always a fan of Ford when he played for Kentucky, makes me slightly ill even admitting my liking a kitty cat player. That being said I really liked those early Rick P teams, from the Unforgettables to the Travis/Mashburn teams, a lot of players on those teams I enjoyed watching Jared Pritchard? was one I liked a lot, a poor mans Tyler Hansboro.

Yeah...those were some complete teams he built. Lots of talent and lots of blue collar guys. Hard not to respect them...a lot different then the prima donas that they have had down there in recent years. Those teams would run circles around these youngsters now. We had some great teams during those years too...some epic battles.

On 7/29/2020 at 8:38 PM, dgambill said:

Yeah...those were some complete teams he built. Lots of talent and lots of blue collar guys. Hard not to respect them...a lot different then the prima donas that they have had down there in recent years. Those teams would run circles around these youngsters now. We had some great teams during those years too...some epic battles.

Absolutely 

Archived