Comments by Cathedral's Jason Delaney

Thanks for linking this to Hoosier Sports Nation, TDH.

Though I can agree, that Archie has done a great job, up to this point of living up to his promise of locking the state of Indiana up for IU..... in this case I have to take exception to Rabjohn's discounting the value of an assistant.  That may be true in many cases.  However, I can't underestimate the value of Ed Schilling, when it comes to recruiting the state of Indiana. 

8 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Thanks for linking this to Hoosier Sports Nation, TDH.

Though I can agree, that Archie has done a great job, up to this point of living up to his promise of locking the state of Indiana up for IU..... in this case I have to take exception to Rabjohn's discounting the value of an assistant.  That may be true in many cases.  However, I can't underestimate the value of Ed Schilling, when it comes to recruiting the state of Indiana. 

Did Rabjohns say that about assistants? 

49 minutes ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

Many of you may have heard this on the radio yesterday.  We've got the quotes and the full interview here.  Must read/listen stuff.  Very enlightening.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/prominent-indiana-high-school-coach-indiana-basketball-is-rolling-right-now/

Thanks TDH! As many expected Archie has IU basketball in a great spot! 

17 minutes ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

Did Rabjohns say that about assistants? 

He said something to the effect that having an assistant visit a recruit,  is not the same as the head coach.  Again, IMHO, may be true for other assistants at other programs. But in my estimation not true with Ed.  In my mind, it's a toss up with Ed at what  he is better at.... recruiting, or player development.  Has a great reputation in the state of Indiana for both.

38 minutes ago, CapnRon said:

Could you imagine pulling franklin, newman , tjd and brooks?  This is what we've been waiting for.  Great article! Makes me think we are in great shape with all of these young men.

While it would be one hell of a pull, it isn't pure fantasy either.  Archie does indeed have IUBB rolling.

I can appreciate his comments and glad he says some positive things. My memory is long though. Delaney and the Lyles gang recruitment won't be forgotten. He was knee deep in it and helped facilitate. The whole thing was dirty.

If Crean ever decides to write a book on the in state recruits he lost because of shady...Lyles mug can be Exhibit A. 

21 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I can appreciate his comments and glad he says some positive things. My memory is long though. Delaney and the Lyles gang recruitment won't be forgotten. He was knee deep in it and helped facilitate. The whole thing was dirty.

If Crean ever decides to write a book on the in state recruits he lost because of shady...Lyles mug can be Exhibit A. 

Thank you for bringing this up!  The guy is a major slime ball, and is avoided by many.   

3 hours ago, CapnRon said:

Could you imagine pulling franklin, newman , tjd and brooks?  This is what we've been waiting for.  Great article! Makes me think we are in great shape with all of these young men.

If Arch pulls in this class he could be on his way to unprecedented heights this program hasn't seen since the late '80's early '90's

Archived