Apropos of nothing...except for being an IUBB fan

Digging through some old vinyl to sell off some things and ran across this. I could have sworn I had the 1976 LP too, but I could be misremembering. At any rate, this is a cool thing to put on the old turntable from time to time to listen to a 1981 "Fisch". Just thought I'd share during a slow-ish summer. 

IMG_2919.jpg

7 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Well if you want to replace that lost LP, there are a few on eBay:

Nice find!  Brings back fond memories I'd bet.

It does. I'm 50, so just a bit too young to truly appreciate the 76 championship, but I remember 81 clearly. Coming back from a spring break trip to Pennsylvania to visit relatives, the Reagan assassination attempt, and IU/NC on the radio. Oh, and some dude named Isaiah. 

I had the 76 album but sadly it wore out due to overplay. 

I also had a friend who recorded Fisch's play by play of the 1979 NIT championship game where we beat PUke on a last second Butch Carter shot from the top of the key. That recording was lost in my many moves.

My 4 years at IU started with 75-76 and ended with the 79 game. Not too shabby 👍

13 hours ago, Jerry Lundergaard said:

I also had a friend who recorded Fisch's play by play of the 1979 NIT championship game where we beat PUke on a last second Butch Carter shot from the top of the key. That recording was lost in my many moves.

My 4 years at IU started with 75-76 and ended with the 79 game. Not too shabby 👍

1979 was my first year at IU and it's when I became a diehard fan while working on a Masters degree.  Funny how it all started.  Being from NY, I was more of a college football fan, particularly the Orange of Syracuse.  Ernie Davis attended the same high school that I attended.  In any event, my best friend at IU at the time was/is a Kentucky fan.  I was visiting him and he was watching a Kentucky game, and listening to Ledford Carter's broadcast of the game on the radio.  That's when being a Hoosier fan began for me.

23 minutes ago, TN_Hoosier said:

1979 was my first year at IU and it's when I became a diehard fan while working on a Masters degree.  Funny how it all started.  Being from NY, I was more of a college football fan, particularly the Orange of Syracuse.  Ernie Davis attended the same high school that I attended.  In any event, my best friend at IU at the time was/is a Kentucky fan.  I was visiting him and he was watching a Kentucky game, and listening to Ledford Carter's broadcast of the game on the radio.  That's when being a Hoosier fan began for me.

Very interesting learning the paths fans have taken over the years to become IU fans.  Thanks for sharing your trek with us.

On 7/6/2018 at 6:12 PM, Jerry Lundergaard said:

Jerry,   same here.  1979 grad.  Remember  well  that NIT championship.   Remember  1976 even better.  Never had any of the albums,  but still have a turntable from  1981 if i can track down a copy.

Totally Awesome post ! I was living in a mobile home with my second ( and final ) wife at the time ! I turned to my wife right before Butch Carter hit the game winning shot and said "For The Hoosiers to Win this game , they need to get the ball to Butch. Carter and get hell out his way ! True story ! Carter made me look like a genius to my wife !! Thanks , Butch ! IU beat both the per yew smellermakers and the Kentucky cheaters in the SAME season ! It don 't get much better than that , BUT !!??

Archived