Names on back of IU Jerseys ?

In regards to clothing, I wish they would do something a little cooler to go with the candy stripes. That crimson, buttoned down, collared warm up is a bit 1950s looking to me. Every time I see it I cringe a bit. I'm guessing ole Branch probably wore something similar. :)

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Zuckerkorn said:

If you look really closely, you can see an imaginary star on the purdue shorts, LOL.

Ah yes.  I had to take a magnifying glass out to see it.   It says : "1931-1932 Mythical Helms National Champions. "

^^^ Talk about having or not having names on the uni's....two of those jerseys don't even have Indiana or Hoosiers on them.

You're right Tiz.  You may not always like what you get.   Thanks for the link. ;)

Oh wait.... those are from the back.   My bad.  Will say this.  I want Indiana, not Hoosiers on the jerseys. 

1 minute ago, milehiiu said:

^^^ Talk about having or not having names on the uni's....two of those jerseys don't even have Indiana or Hoosiers on them.

You're right Tiz.  You may not always like what you get.   Thanks for the link. ;)

Those are showing front and back. Fronts have Indiana/Hoosiers. Backs are blank.

2 minutes ago, INDenizen said:

Those are showing front and back. Fronts have Indiana/Hoosiers. Backs are blank.

Yes. Sir.  You are correct.  I saw the error of my way.  Made an edit and apology.  No problem though.  Glad to have you as part of the HSN team. 

1 hour ago, INDenizen said:

1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

Yes. Sir.  You are correct.  I saw the error of my way.  Made an edit and apology.  No problem though.  Glad to have you as part of the HSN team. 

I responded before your edit showed up. :) 

5 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Though I once was adamant about no names for years, and have become somewhat mixed on the topic as of late.

Two things I would not want to change :  The Candy Stripes or the Stars.

In fact I envision the day when the uni's are sporting 6 instead of 5 Stars.

IU Soccer uni's currently leading the way with 8 Stars, representing 8 National Championships.

A subtle sense of pride, few schools can emulate in either sport. I don't hate the stars. I embrace the Stars, and what they represent.

I guess if its an all sports thing i can be ok with it.  But i don't like to beat the drum when the last one was over 30 years ago.

2 hours ago, IUwins0708 said:

On a gray tank top with gray shorts and red shoes.  Those would be awesome! 

Yup.  That would also be fresh with our home white jerseys and white shorts.  

Would also be cool to do black jerseys with red and white trim, with that script font or even just the regular INDIANA.  I’m picturing like the black Bulls jerseys with the black shorts.  

1 hour ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Yup.  That would also be fresh with our home white jerseys and white shorts.  

Would also be cool to do black jerseys with red and white trim, with that script font or even just the regular INDIANA.  I’m picturing like the black Bulls jerseys with the black shorts.  

Yasssssssss!!!!!! Have asked for this for years. 

Archived