Marijuana

rico

Though I joke pretty often about, I never smoked the stuff.  I have only done caffeine, nicotine, and alcohol.  I was always afraid if I tried marijauna, I would want to smoke it all the time.

I do not think it should be illegal.  Too much medical potential to leave it where its at legally.

Never used the stuff.  Never will. However I did vote for it's legalization in Colorado.

I love watching Live PD on weekends.  So much wasted time resources and money,  spent by law enforcement chasing the stuff, when they could be doing other things.  And many of the arrests for small amounts of possession, would never happen in Colorado.

7 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Entirely too much attention is given to both sides of this debate.  There are so many more important things that deserve the attention 

I largely agree.  I know your response was not directed at me. 

Putting a slightly different angle on it....  A pain patient, whose sole focus is their pain and nothing else, I imagine having their pain out of the way to be able to focus on something else would be a huge quality of life improvement for them and everyone around them.  For them to go from nonfunctional to contributing members of society isnt a stretch with some of the results of research I have read about.

Are there bigger issues out there?  Absolutely. For those who know someone who could benefit largely from a change in law, this one is big.

16 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Entirely too much attention is given to both sides of this debate.  There are so many more important things that deserve the attention 

Legalize it nation wide.......then we can concentrate on the important stuff.

I would be in favor of decriminalizing it nationwide for recreational/medicinal use

I would be in favor of funding research into the medicinal benefits and treatment for a variety of ailments

I would be in favor of using the Hemp plant itself for a plethora of more environmentally friendly products

25 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

I agree with legalization or decriminalization. If it happened nationally I wonder how it would affect mexican cartel profits. 

Hmmmmmmm,  who cares if farmers here are allowed to grow it?  

Don't know about farmers.  But I will say this.  I have seen story after story of families on tv , here in Colorado, that have moved to Colorado, so that their kids could get relief for medical issues from medical marijuana.  Literally uprooting their families to get help for their child.  National legalization would put an end to this in many cases.

4 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Don't know about farmers.  But I will say this.  I have seen story after story of families on tv , here in Colorado, that have moved to Colorado, so that their kids could get relief for medical issues from medical marijuana.  Literally uprooting their families to get help for their child.  National legalization would put an end to this in many cases.

Check with the farmers back during WW2

7 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

I agree with legalization or decriminalization. If it happened nationally I wonder how it would affect mexican cartel profits. 

It probably would impact them. It would also help with a lot of the "problems" with immigration that are brought up with how dangerous a minority of immigrants are. It would also keep a lot of minority parents out of jail, and we constantly blame those groups for being absentee and decide it is their fault they can't work their way out of poverty. 

It's almost like legalizing and decriminalizing would deal a striking blow to the arguments of the group who opposes legalization. Weird. 

Archived