Lindy's 2018 Football Magazines are out !

IU's schedule with Lindy's rankings ! Game #1 at 

Florida International ( 8 & 5 last season ) Ranked #108 in the Nation ! ( So I will not lose any posting , I will post only a little at a time .) FIU 
only has 2 offensive starters and 4 defensive starters back ! They do add a Senior 3 year starter at Qb. from Bowling Green and a wide receiver from the University of Florida . Lindy's lists IU at # 64 in the Nation ! Lindy's says IN has SEVEN offensive starters back and only 3 starters on defense back ! Lindy's adds that 6'0'  305 pound  Senior Transfer from Syracuse , Kayton Samuels , started 24 games on defense for the Orange !! They list the top newcomer for The Hoosiers as being 6 '0" 210 pound Red shirt Freshman , Bryant Fitzgerald , at Defensive Back from Indianapolis .

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, hoosiertildeath said:

This gadget just does not let me edit my posts for some reason ??

HTD.  Look just below your post.  There should be a plus icon. To the right of that is the quote icon. And to the right of that is the edit icon.  Place your cursor on the edit icon and hit it.  Then you should be able to edit your posts.  Don't forget to save your reply after editing. Red Icon, next to Cancel .  Lower right hand corner. 

Any other help is above my pay grade.  LOL  If it a device issue, please get in touch with any moderator if that does not work for you.  

Mile : I know how to edit my posts ! It is just that this Amazon Fire 7 just keeps changing words that I have posted ! Damn , that is frustrating !  Game # 2- home vs. Virginia ( 6 & 7 last season) 4 offensive & 5 defensive starters back ! Virginia brought in a Juco Qb. , Bryce Perkins , and he won the starting job during  the spring ! I Think The Hoosiers will win each of the first two games !

On 7/13/2018 at 7:37 PM, hoosiertildeath said:

Game 3 : home vs. Ball State . 2 & 10 last season ! ! 8 offensive & 5 defensive starters back ! But BSU only averaged 12.8 ppl on offense and have up 35.1 points per game ! The Hoosiers should be 3 & 0 after this game ! 

I just hope they don't have the next Keith Wenning or Nate Davis ready to pull out of their a**es and shock us with a hungrier team again.

IU should have the hunger part in their favor since the program is starving to get over the hump!  I have Indiana winning it mostly on the premise of talent , but like I've said before back on HSN 2.0 in 2016,  It will take 3 or 4 more consecutive IU wins ( preferably blowouts from now on) over the Cards to exorcise the bad memories to the point I'm comfy seeing them on the schedule again.

PS ! The last time IN played Ball State was 2012 ! It was also the third game that season ! The Hoosiers lost that game 41 to 39 !! I'm with all Hoosier fans who want to smash the BSU Cardinals ! There is no way BSU will score 41 points against this IN defense ! I predict a 21 point Hoosier WIN !! BSU does have a first team All MAC Conference Running Back in Caleb Huntley . The Cards did suffer some key injuries last season , at Qb. , Rb. , & wide receiver , so that did hurt their offense last year ! BSU will have new starters at both defensive ends , two LB spots , and at free safety ! GO Hoosiers ! Beat the Cards !???

Oops ! I goofed ! IU actually beat Ball State 30 to 20 in 2016 !!!! So ,we have a chance to win two in a row against the Cards ! In the 2016 win  , IU rushed for 187 yards and passed for 266 yards ! Westbrook caught an 80 yard td pass and a 43 yard td catch !!Timian also caught a   10 yd. pass ! Oakes nailed 3 field goals ,

Game # 5 at Rutgers -4 & 8 last year ! Hoosiers romped 41 to 0 last year at home ! Ellington had td.  runs of 6 &  30 yds. Gest had a td.  run ! Timian had a 20 yd. td. catch ! Rutgers only has 4 offensive starters back and 6 defensive starters back !! It may be a little closer this time , but , IU could be 4 & 1 after this game ?

Game #-7-Oct.13 ,2018- Home vs. Iowa (8&5 last year ! Iowa will have new starters at :::: Rb.  Wr , LG , & Rg on offense and Dt , all 3 Linebacker positions , Both Cornerback positions , and one Safety  on defense!! Last two home games with Iowa : IU lost 27:35 in 2015 & Won 24-21 in 2012 !! I feel another Hoosier win coming ! Wow ! 5-2  with 5 games to go ! That would be awesome !!

On 7/18/2018 at 12:24 AM, hoosiertildeath said:

Game #6-at Ohio State -12 & 2 last year ! I do not like the Bucknuts ( and I fully suspect that they are still cheating on Football recruiting) ! I always hope for a Hoosier "upset" over OSU ! However , IU will probably be 4 & 2 after this game !!!

I agree with the general idea of the nod to their  talent and returning starters , but I would imagine that the total downs played probably lines up a lot closer to even with Sparty. They're still very young in a lot of key spots and Indiana gains potency as well as one time starters returning from injury in a couple of key areas they just didn't have going for them last season. 

I also don't view Indiana as a big of an underdog to  them  even after the roster turnover since the game will be at home this year.. Take it with a grain of salt because of no Spring Ball for us fans, but upgrading the speed at QB, an improved line , more offensive weapons, and enough ability to negate LeWerke's targets  on the opposite side give IU a better chance to extend more drives on offense,plus force 3 and outs when they have to defend the deep pass, unlike last season.. My concern will be their rushing attack, but I think IU's ability to shut down backs who get to the second level improves just enough to give  the contenders a tougher time extending as many runs past 7-10 yards since the back end should recover better,, if Ball plays without limitation. No knock against Dutra and Fields, but there's a reason why they were the projected back-ups at Husky last year.  As an overall trend the defense reverted to giving up the big plays, but Riggins and Ball had a lot to do with why IU fared so much better against them in 2016. DBs as a whole were the missing component to the ability to shut down top level offenses for 4 complete quarters. This year the big ? is LB. I see IU's average yards and points allowed likely going up this year,and more 4-10 yard carries allowed  but I think the long (>25 yds) plays  and TDs given up decrease when opponents are outside of the redzone taking shots downfield. Not taking anything away from MSU's running game either.It's a real puzzle when they have a QB wit ha live arm.

Game #7-Home vs. Penn State  (11&2 last year !)   The Lions will have 8 new starters on defense and 4 new starters on offense ! The last 3 home games with the Lions ------ 2016- IU lost 31-44 ! 2014---IU lost  7-13 ! 2012-IU WON 44-24 !!! I think The Hoosiers will  pull an 'upset '  That would make    The Hoosiers 6&2 with 4 games to play !! Go Hoosiers !!!

On 7/14/2018 at 9:43 PM, jblaz13 said:

I just hope they don't have the next Keith Wenning or Nate Davis ready to pull out of their a**es and shock us with a hungrier more experienced team again.

IU should have the hunger part in their favor since the program is starving to get over the hump!  I have Indiana winning it mostly on the premise of talent , but like I've said before back on HSN 2.0 in 2016,  It will take 3 or 4 more consecutive IU wins ( preferably blowouts from now on) over the Cards to exorcise the bad memories to the point I'm comfy seeing them on the schedule again.

They don't. Their program has been a dumpster fire since Wenning graduated.

A big reason we lost the game in 2012 was because of terrible coaching from Wilson. If Allen can call a halfway competent game, it should be at least 2-3 score win, maybe more.

58 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

They don't. Their program has been a dumpster fire since Wenning graduated.

A big reason we lost the game in 2012 was because of terrible coaching from Wilson. If Allen can call a halfway competent game, it should be at least 2-3 score win, maybe more.

I agree to an extent, but the across the board speed was also lacking, and they had a kid IU couldn't contain. I'll always wonder how 2 IU coaches with MAC ties even let two kids in the footprint end up at Ball State in the first place. Makes you raise your eyebrow given what Indiana's recruiting focus was supposed to be since forever.  Wilson left IU with Gest who fits that mold, but I woonder if he is still full go since I didn';t get any spring football as I've said. If Gest is 100% there is a lot of ceiling left. We'll see, but good to know there's nothing scary on paper.I hope they aren't holding any secret wild Cards. :D 

Game #9- Friday October 26-2018-@Minnesota !( 5&7 last year ) !The Gophers have 72 Underclassmen with no Quarterbacks who any experience ! ( A very bad combination ! ) Lack of depth at wide receiver ! They have a good coach who is also in his second season ! IU pulls of a hard fought road game win to get to a 7 & 2 record ! If The Hoosiers are 7 & 2 after 9 games , there will be a lot of Football Fans around the country who will be in a state of shock ! ( However , I think it could happen if The Hoosiers stay healthy ! And , I am the eternal optimist !)

Game #-10-home vs. Maryland . (-4&8 last year !) They were last in scoring defense last year in the Big Ten and 13 th.  in total defense !!! Hoosiers won 42-36 at home. over Maryland in 2016 !! Expect another close win for the Cream & Crimson !! Wow ! The Hoosiers would/could be 8&2 ! ( Okay , I could be dreaming ? Only time will tell !!!! ) Go Hoosiers !!!!

Game #-11-@ Michigan on Nov. 17-2018 ! Michigan was 8&5 last year . IU's last 3 games at Michigan :::::lost 10-20 in 2016 ! 10-34 in 2014. And , 47-63 in 2013 . I'd love see an upset of the Wolverines by the Hoosiers ! However , this will most likely  be loss #3 ! (8&3 would be awesome !!!) Go Hoosiers !!!

The 2018 Bucket game ! Game # 12-Home versus the pee yew smellermakers ! Pee yew lucked out last year with a 31-27 win at rust ade stadium with a very experienced defensive team !! This Year , pee yew has to replace EIGHT Defensive Starters !! ( Plus their Special Teams  Coach/Coordinator ) !!!! IU has WON the LAST THREE Home games in Memorial Stadium versus the smellermakers : 26 to 24 in 2016 , 23 to 16 in 2014 , and 56 to 36 in 2013 !! IU Wins the Bucket back  to finish the regular season at 9 & 3 ( It does not cost anything to dream ,vbg !!!)

1 hour ago, hoosiertildeath said:

The 2018 Bucket game ! Game # 12-Home versus the pee yew smellermakers ! Pre yew lucked out last year with a 31-27 win at rust ade stadium with a very expe

Lucked out? If anything, IU was lucky to only lose by a touchdown. Game wasn’t even that close. 

I hate the first three games. They are games they should win and that is always a concern. You have to win the games you are supposed to win and steal a game or two against those you are underdogs. Unfortunately, the other team thinks the same thing. So then you look at the areas you are young in and see if the opponent has strength there. Unfortunately the defense is young. If you hold your breath through the first three, because we aren’t going to get the high school teams this year, and win those, they are home free and headed to a bowl anless they just have awful coaches. But the first three are absolute must wins because injuries, depth, and experience will cause a few problems down the road. The good news is that maybe the coaches are smarter and don’t put a leading receiver on the kickoff coverage this year. Obviously the West comment was sarcastic, but we should see a huge coaching improvement over last year. That too might be a factor in the first three games.

Archived