Fred Glass evaluation....

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/best-in-college-sports-ohio-state-beats-out-alabama-to-take-home-the-2017-18-award/

Even though this says college football, it really pertains to the entire athletic department. As rated by CBS Sports, the IU athletic department came in ranked 68th and only two other B1G programs ranked lower--Illinois and Rutgers. Obviously, this ranking puts a huge amount of emphasis on Football and Men's Basketball, and we got zero points in both categories last year. I see that improving for hoops with the momentum CAM is building but wonder about football, especially in the division we're in. Glass continues to pound the "28 teams, one school" mantra, which is all well and good, but if the two bellcow programs don't show vast improvement, and we remain one of the worst conference athletic departments, I can't imagine his job security remains intact.

This may not be the best place for this topic, but I thought it would garner more attention/discussion than if I had put it elsewhere. Mods, if you want to move this, feel free.

Hard to judge IU against some of the big ten teams because UM and OSU makes more money from one football game than we do all year from football.  Also I wouldn't blame Glass for the failures of the football and basketball team the last few years.  It seems like the last few years his hires has looked better and better.  It seems like both of the basketball teams and the football team is on the up swing and should be better the next few years.

Archived