Terrence Clarke

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, HoosierJax said:

Probably the latter

He already has an offer from UK. He likely is leaning that way but I’d say guys return etc we could see him go somewhere else. What I’ve noticed is UK continues to add top talent over one of our Indiana HS kid who won’t be mentioned. Even if he gets on the court he won’t have many minutes to make a statement to NBA scouts. We will see if he regrets it.

49 minutes ago, dgambill said:

He already has an offer from UK. He likely is leaning that way but I’d say guys return etc we could see him go somewhere else. What I’ve noticed is UK continues to add top talent over one of our Indiana HS kid who won’t be mentioned. Even if he gets on the court he won’t have many minutes to make a statement to NBA scouts. We will see if he regrets it.

I doubt he would ever say..even if he did regret it.

• 1 month later...
34 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Kentucky radio feels confident on this one. Lots of chatter about him and Boston kid. Two more wings that will be ahead of Brooks next year likely.

Brooks and his family should've known he's got 1-year window to make it or to transfer. It was a high risk/high return deal written all over when he committed. I'm sure they knew or they were over-confident. We'll see.

17 minutes ago, addictedtoIU said:

Brooks and his family should've known he's got 1-year window to make it or to transfer. It was a high risk/high return deal written all over when he committed. I'm sure they knew or they were over-confident. We'll see.

I dont wish any I'll will toward him in any way. Listening to Cals speech reminds me of the used car salesman in Bloomington that told me the car i was buying would get another 100k miles or more. Did not make it out of the city that day before it blew a head gasket and had to towed back to Bloomington Ford

4 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

I dont wish any I'll will toward him in any way. Listening to Cals speech reminds me of the used car salesman in Bloomington that told me the car i was buying would get another 100k miles or more. Did not make it out of the city that day before it blew a head gasket and had to towed back to Bloomington Ford

Fix or Repair Daily.  I hoped you learned a lesson.  Stick to Toyota or Honda.

13 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

Fix or Repair Daily.  I hoped you learned a lesson.  Stick to Toyota or Honda.

I’ve crawled under a lot of cars at auctions, etc.  Toyotas are #1 Honda #2 as far as going the distance.  I can’t say the same about The big 3.  Lots of fluid leaks after 100K.

21 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

Hate to hear that 😀

Clarke would make the second 6-7 top 10 recruit...they already have Boston committed and they have 6-8 top 50 Cam'ron Fletcher committed as well. They are also very deep in on 6-8 Scottie Barnes to go with 6-5 guards Jalen Green and Josh Christopher that they feel confident on plus several 6'8 6'9 5* power forwards....not even mentioning any other layovers from this years team. Brooks has an uphill battle for playing time. He is good...he is can carve out some time no doubt...but it won't come easy or quickly I'm afraid. He had an option to come in and play starting minutes with us on one of our wings this year if he had committed. Not sure I understand but it was his choice. 

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Looks like Clarke is planning on reclassifying to 2020 so Brooks will have to compete with another player for this year.

Most recruits I just let go of but KB Jr because of all the factors we discussed is one I just can't. Of course I want the kid to succeed but for those around him who bought hook line and sinker Cal's pitch (to each their own he does get guys to the league) it wouldn't cause me much pain if he's sitting at #9 on the rotation. 

Archived