Terrence Clarke

1 hour ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Before 1 and done there were always recruits who,for some time, didn’t make the decision so we/other schools would have to keep recruiting them. It’s likely going to depend on the prospect and how much feedback they’ve already received. We’re talking high school kids, of course. If memory serves, Josh Smith was one we were pretty far down the road with before he decided to go straight to the nba, as an example 

- edit, yep had to go back and double check, he committed to us and then decided to go pro — 2004

He'll always be a Hoosier.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Before 1 and done there were always recruits who,for some time, didn’t make the decision so we/other schools would have to keep recruiting them. It’s likely going to depend on the prospect and how much feedback they’ve already received. We’re talking high school kids, of course. If memory serves, Josh Smith was one we were pretty far down the road with before he decided to go straight to the nba, as an example 

- edit, yep had to go back and double check, he committed to us and then decided to go pro — 2004

I do feel like the ncaa should put some sort of timeframe that states if your intentions are to go pro you must declare by this date and it not be like 1 or 2 months before the draft more like 6. There has been the topic of contingencies I think that this will create a ridiculous amount of them once this proposal becomes a reality!

17 minutes ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

I do feel like the ncaa should put some sort of timeframe that states if your intentions are to go pro you must declare by this date and it not be like 1 or 2 months before the draft more like 6. There has been the topic of contingencies I think that this will create a ridiculous amount of them once this proposal becomes a reality!

Wouldn't have any teeth. Player A could say he isn't going to the draft and then commits to a school, or even holds open his recruitment. Then before the draft entry deadline he hires an agent. Nothing the NCAA can do.

• 3 months later...
1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

Is something up with this one? Reason I ask is Rabby doesn't usually post old articles unless he has a reason. He just tweeted out an article from the fall. Just was curious.

I think he only did that because 247 posted a new highlights video and Rabjohns wanted to remind people who Clarke is/get more hits on his article.

7 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

I think he only did that because 247 posted a new highlights video and Rabjohns wanted to remind people who Clarke is/get more hits on his article.

Thanks. With how quickly Archie mentioned Rabby at Huber's earlier this year I'm always curious when I see articles from the past. Almost like a hint from the staff saying hey...can you send this one out again? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

IU recruits on the EYBL circuit.  From Inside The Hall:

https://www.insidethehall.com/2019/05/15/an-in-depth-look-at-how-iu-targets-are-performing-on-the-eybl-circuit/

Terrence Clarke – Expressions Elite

One of the top prospects in the class of 2021, Clarke has already taken a couple of visits to Bloomington and is being chased by all of the country’s best programs.

He’s averaging 17.2 points, 4.6 rebounds and 3.5 assists per game.

Expressions Elite is 6-2 and Clarke is using a team-high 26.9 percent of his team’s possessions, according to Open Look Analytics.

His effective field goal percentage is strong (51.3 percent) and he’s shooting 50 percent on 2s, 29.2 percent on 3s and 68.8 percent from the free throw line. Clarke, who is 6-foot-7, has a solid assist rate as well at 20.1 percent.

2 minutes ago, IUProfessor said:

I wonder if Archie might hold a scholarship back on the off chance Clarke decides to reclassify in the spring...

Hard to see a pattern with Archie because technically he's only had 2 full recruiting classes but what we've watched so far shows that Archie is going to have a couple going into each Spring. Either because an elite recruit won't announce until late or always have 1-2 for grad transfer season. Unless we were full of elite talent I'd always prefer to have at least 2 headed into the spring for the very scenario you describe and the others I mentioned. 

17 hours ago, 5 championships said:

Saw he is making another trip to IU but not sure if it’s an official visit or unofficial. 

Don't know but after picking up offer from Kansas and others this last week it's nice to be in the "another visit" category. 

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Don't know but after picking up offer from Kansas and others this last week it's nice to be in the "another visit" category. 

Agree it’s nice but when kids of this level are talking to programs like Kansas and Duke who put money in the bank for kids families or put their families in homes I don’t think we are likely going to win out. When it comes to recruiting we are playing checkers while those type schools are planting chess.

2 hours ago, IndySportsPartizan said:

His first visit to IU was largely because he was already "in the neighborhood" for an AAU tourney. Now he wants to come out and visit again... and that shows real interest. 

I read that he has already been on IU campus twice and now is coming back for a 3rd time 

8 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

I thought the staff was done with one and dones?

Only when they commit somewhere else!

I really don't see us ever having an issue with being over-5 starred.  We all want to pepper in a 5* with some experience, so this would seem to be in line with that.  

Archived